X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiding Grails Plugin Sources in Grails Project View

Is there any way to hide a project's plugins in the Grails Project view? I have a lot of plugins and they are all showing in my project view between my grails-app/view dir and my web-app/ dir. This makes my project view much less useful because I have to scroll over dozens of plugin sources.

Originally posted by zak89 View Post
    Is there any way to hide a project's plugins in the Grails Project view? I have a lot of plugins and they are all showing in my project view between my grails-app/view dir and my web-app/ dir. This makes my project view much less useful because I have to scroll over dozens of plugin sources.
    Hi,

Are you using the Project Explorer to view the Grails project in STS 2.3.3.M2? All plugin sources should be filtered out and plugins listed under the "plugins" folder. If this is not the case, if possible please send me a PM with a screenshot. Thanks.

Nieraj Singh

-----------

SpringSource

Comment

Yes, I am using the new Grails Project view (running 2.3.3M2). Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

The plugin directory is there, but all the source packages of *all*Grails plugins installed on my system are shown - even though the project in the screenshot actually has no additional plugins installed at all!

Comment

Yes, I am using the new Grails Project view (running 2.3.3M2). Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

The plugin directory is there, but all the source packages of *all*Grails plugins installed on my system are shown - even though the project in the screenshot actually has no additional plugins installed at all!
        Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. If I may ask another favour, would you be able to open your project in the Package Explorer view, click on the dropdown menu (top-right arrow menu in the Package Explorer), select "Filters" and in the "Java Element Filters" dialogue, deselect "Hide Grails Plugin Sources" and let me know if you get the same list of source folders as the Grails Project Explorer? It would greatly help us in identifying the problem. Thanks.

Nieraj Singh

-----------

SpringSource

Comment

Is this the dialog you are refering to? I cannot find a 'Hide Grails Plugin Sources' option here.

Comment

Is this the dialog you are refering to? I cannot find a 'Hide Grails Plugin Sources' option here.
            Hi,

The dialogue I was referring to is different, and it's opened from another view called the Package Explorer, which is separate from the Grails Project Explorer. You can open the Package Explorer by switching to the Java perspective or going to the Eclipse main menu, and selecting

Window -> Show View -> Other... -> Java -> Package Explorer.

Once the Package Explorer opens, it will have a dropdown menu just like the Project Explorer, except you select the "Filters" menu action and it opens a "Java Element Filter" dialogue.

I've attached a couple of screenshots.

Thanks.

Nieraj Singh

-----------

SpringSource

Comment

Sorry about that. Here's screenshots of the results after following you directions. As you can see, the plugins sources in my previous screenshots are visible with or without the filter selected. Unchecking the filter displays the core Grails tomcat plugin.

By the way, I just realized something - the only plugins displayed (jquery and acegi) have been installed in this project before (but have since been removed). I don't know why they're still there (the Grails Plugin Manager does not list them as instaled anymore) but if I create a new Grails project, they are not in the project view. I suspect I could probably delete these from the Project Explorer.

Comment

Sorry about that. Here's screenshots of the results after following you directions. As you can see, the plugins sources in my previous screenshots are visible with or without the filter selected. Unchecking the filter displays the core Grails tomcat plugin.

By the way, I just realized something - the only plugins displayed (jquery and acegi) have been installed in this project before (but have since been removed). I don't know why they're still there (the Grails Plugin Manager does not list them as instaled anymore) but if I create a new Grails project, they are not in the project view. I suspect I could probably delete these from the Project Explorer.
                Hi,

Thanks again for the screenshots and helping us with this issue. It seems that what you're seeing are source folder links for plugins that failed to properly uninstall, sometimes due to Eclipse holding a resource lock on a jar for that plugin, which may prevent a proper uninstall. Unfortunately, this is a known issue, and we're working on a solution for this.

As a work around, aside from deleting those source folder links for plugins that are not installed in your project, you can also try right clicking on the Grails project, selecting:

"Grails Tools -> Disable Dependency Management"

When the process finishes, then re-enable it:

"Grails Tools -> Enable Dependency Management"

and finally refresh dependencies:

"Grails Tools -> Refresh Dependencies"

Thanks again.

Nieraj Singh

-----------

SpringSource

Comment

Working...
                X