X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mvn eclipse:clean breaks project in eclipse

I was struggling with an issue today where I could not get the tc server to load project specific dependencies from classpath. I ended up running an mvn eclipse:clean from the terminal in order to restore a clean eclipse configuration with mvn eclipse:eclipse. After the two steps, I found that eclipse no longer recognises the project as a dynamic web project - and as such, I cannot deploy it to the tc server anymore...

How can I restore the correct eclipse project settings from this state?

/tormsl

I have had trouble getting good, clean Eclipse configuration generated by maven.

What I prefer to do is:
    1. Delete the project from my Eclipse workspace (but don't delete the files from the file system).
    2. Manually remove all Eclipse config and output (.classpath, .project, .settings/, target/, etc)
    3. In Eclipse, I do File->Import->Existing Maven Projects, then browse to my project folder.
    4. Eclipse then generates its own configuration.

This is usually pretty successful for me.

Comment

Great!

I will try this the next time I run into the problem (I deleted the project and created a new one - just testing at the moment).

You don't happen to know how to fix the bug where the tc server runs out of available memory after a few redeployments?

I added a tomcat server to my eclipse workspace, and it seems to last a little longer then the tc server, but after a while, it runs out of memory as well.

I read that running the x64 version has some issues with dependency jars and redeployments, but no one seem to have a solution for it...

/tormsl

Comment

You don't happen to know how to fix the bug where the tc server runs out of available memory after a few redeployments?
        To fix it, just stop and start the server every time it runs out of memory. In other words, no I don't know how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by jamestastic View Post
          To fix it, just stop and start the server every time it runs out of memory. In other words, no I don't know how to fix it.
          Hehe - kinda annoying really

Comment

Originally posted by tormsl View Post
            Can you tell me what database you are using in your development environment? Are you using some kind of in-memory database? If so, could you switch to - let's say - MySQL and try your development scenario? This might fix the out-of-memory issues as DB drivers an in-memory DBs are known to leak memory on re-deployments.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
              Can you tell me what database you are using in your development environment? Are you using some kind of in-memory database? If so, could you switch to - let's say - MySQL and try your development scenario? This might fix the out-of-memory issues as DB drivers an in-memory DBs are known to leak memory on re-deployments.

HTH

Christian
              I'm already running against a MySQL database I'm afraid.
              Maybe there's some way of letting the server get more memory? This will not solve the problem, but it might let me do a few more redeployments before it crashes?

Comment

I tend to run in-memory databases, but I too see this issue seemingly regardless of my database choice.

I also notice this happens whether I'm using TC Server or Tomcat.

Next time I run into this problem, I'll provide more detailed information on what it took to replicate.

Comment

Working...
                X