• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.3.3 M2 dependency problem

Thanks for releasing the new version!

I tried to create a roo project and stumbled upon this error:

Code:
    17.07.10 03:29:51 MESZ: Build errors for hello; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile (default) on project hello: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Missing:
    ----------
    1) org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command: 
          mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.aspectj -DartifactId=aspectjtools -Dversion=1.6.10.M1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: 
          mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.aspectj -DartifactId=aspectjtools -Dversion=1.6.10.M1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

Path to dependency: 
      	1) org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0
      	2) org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1

----------
    1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact: 
      org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
      central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true, snapshots=false)

17.07.10 03:29:50 MESZ: Maven Builder: FULL_BUILD 
    17.07.10 03:29:51 MESZ: [WARN] Missing POM for org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1
    I'm new to maven and I didn't find that package on the aspectj homepage.
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chris

Thanks for reporting this.

I've logged it as https://jira.springsource.org/browse/ROO-1111. It's already fixed and will be in Spring Roo 1.1.0.M3.

The issue is easy to work around by editing your pom.xml. I'd encourage you to review the detailed description in ROO-1111 for why it happens and how to correct it easily.

Comment

Thanks a lot! The project compiles just fine now!

The only thing left is this marker:
      Code:
      Classpath entry org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result.
      ... but I guess I can ignore it, since maven shouldn't be needed at runtime?

Comment

Working...
      X