Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.3.3 M2 dependency problem

Thanks for releasing the new version!

I tried to create a roo project and stumbled upon this error:

17.07.10 03:29:51 MESZ: Build errors for hello; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile (default) on project hello: Execution default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0:compile failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:1.0 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Missing:
    1) org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1
      Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
      Then, install it using the command: 
          mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.aspectj -DartifactId=aspectjtools -Dversion=1.6.10.M1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
      Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there: 
          mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.aspectj -DartifactId=aspectjtools -Dversion=1.6.10.M1 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
      Path to dependency: 
      	1) org.codehaus.mojo:aspectj-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:1.0
      	2) org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1
    1 required artifact is missing.
    for artifact: 
    from the specified remote repositories:
      central (, releases=true, snapshots=false)
    17.07.10 03:29:50 MESZ: Maven Builder: FULL_BUILD 
    17.07.10 03:29:51 MESZ: [WARN] Missing POM for org.aspectj:aspectjtools:jar:1.6.10.M1
    I'm new to maven and I didn't find that package on the aspectj homepage.
    Any ideas?

Thanks for reporting this.

I've logged it as It's already fixed and will be in Spring Roo 1.1.0.M3.

The issue is easy to work around by editing your pom.xml. I'd encourage you to review the detailed description in ROO-1111 for why it happens and how to correct it easily.

Thanks a lot! The project compiles just fine now!

The only thing left is this marker:
      Classpath entry org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER will not be exported or published. Runtime ClassNotFoundExceptions may result.
      ... but I guess I can ignore it, since maven shouldn't be needed at runtime?