X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HelloWorld

I've followed the Roo wedding example and imported the project into STS, all works as advertised.

But, when trying the simplest of standalone applications, I fall at the first hurdle (and it's not because I'm unfamiliar with Java or Spring):

1. Create a new Roo project via the Roo shell within STS (have also tried creating a Roo project from the File > New > Roo Project menu option with the same results)
    2. Project didn't show up in Package Explorer but on restarting it appears briefly and then disappears without any action on my part. STS offers to open a Roo shell and lists this project as a candidate - accepted but still not visible. Project appears in the Java perspective but not the Spring perspective.
    3. Create a Java interface, com.djf.Greeting, (New > Interface), opening the file reveal an error on the package line = “can't determine annotations of missing type javax.persistence.Entity when weaving type com.djf.Greeting when weaving classes when weaving when batch building with classpath …” (this includes Maven .m2 repository)

I'm rather surprised that something so basic is presenting these difficulties, especially as I am not (yet) even requesting any persistence support. I'd just like to create a Greeting example as described in Chapter 1, Spring in Action. Am I missing something fundamental or is STS/Roo broken?

Thanks,
    David

Sorry, forgot to add using:

STS 2.3.2.RELEASE
    Maven 2.2.1
    Java 1.6.0_20

Comment

Working...
    X