X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grails 1.3 Dependency Management Issue

I am using STS as an eclipse extension primarily for Grails development. Recently I updated a project to leverage Grails 1.3 but it seems ever since this the .classpath and .project are no longer being updated to reference plugin or jar dependencies. This causes a slew of build errors in eclipse mostly in regards to not being able to find references to required classes. There are no issues when actually running the app in grails.

The easiest way to reproduce this:
    - create a new grails app in STS
    - Add a jar dependency in BuildConfig.groovy
    - run Grails Tools->Refresh Dependencies.

Grails Dependencies will not be updated to include this new jar and attempting to use any of the jars classes will result in build errors marked by eclipse. If you switch back to using Grails 1.2.2 and Refresh Dependencies the build errors go away.

I poked around the JIRA issues but couldn't find anything that directly corresponds to this problem. The eclipse-scripts plugin seems to correct many (but not all) of these build problems but that really isn't ideal. Any thoughts? Should a issue be raised for this?

Hi scheeser,

I can confirm your findings. Under 1.3.1 nothing happens when refreshing dependencies from the Grails Tools context menu. No messages on in the Error Log either. Switching back to 1.2.2 makes all work again.

I guess an issue should be raised?

Comment

Hi,

I *think* this is a problem we've just fixed in STS (but it isn't in a public build yet). It relates to a version check that didn't include '1.3' as a possible option.

cheers
      Andy
      ---
      Andy Clement
      SpringSource

Comment

Andy,
        any idea when this fix will be pushed to a public release ? Seems that 2.3.3 release is a way off based out outstanding issues in JIRA https://issuetracker.springsource.co...rversion/10601

Originally posted by Andy Clement View Post
        Hi,

I *think* this is a problem we've just fixed in STS (but it isn't in a public build yet). It relates to a version check that didn't include '1.3' as a possible option.

cheers
        Andy
        ---
        Andy Clement
        SpringSource

Comment

STS 2.3.3 M1 actually came out this morning at GoogleIO, but it didn't include the fix. You can define your own update site and pickup the fix using the instructions in my blog post:

http://tinyurl.com/342bvba

Let me know if you continue to have issues after that,

Andy

Comment

Thanks for the update. The updated grails plugin cleared up the build and classpath issues.

Comment

Working...
            X