Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
sts-2.3.2.RELEASE\plugins\org.codehaus.grails.bundle_1 .2.2\contentdoes not exists Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sts-2.3.2.RELEASE\plugins\org.codehaus.grails.bundle_1 .2.2\contentdoes not exists

I'm trying to add Grails and Groovy support to STS 2.3.2, 64bit version with sdk 1.6.0_20. I use the extension tab within the dashboard but can't get it done.

The error log says:

java.io.IOException: Source: C:\Program Files\springsource\sts-2.3.2.RELEASE\plugins\org.codehaus.grails.bundle_1 .2.2\contentdoes not exists
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives .actions.CopyAction.xcopy(CopyAction.java:128)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives .actions.CopyAction.mergeCopy(CopyAction.java:114)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives .actions.CopyAction.copy(CopyAction.java:87)

I tryed to install in several orders, like first checked the "Language and Framework Tooling and after then "Languages and Framework", but no difference.

The folders in my STS installation are all writable and I am the owner.

So what do I miss?

Many thanks in advance,
    Frühlingsquelle

Hi,

Windows is preventing STS from installing Grails into the protected program files folder. Please move STS to a different directory and then retry installing Grails.

Steffen

Comment

Hi Steffen,

thanks for your hint.

Yes, Windows 7 has strange ownership rules on certain directories.

But I even tryed to install sts to a path like C:\sts where I have any write privileges and even own this directory. But it doesn't work.

I have the feeling that a path name is getting too long. STS seems to have a very deep directory stucture and it's getting worse with the new release.

Do you have any other idea what I could try?

Thanks in advance,
      frühlingsquelle

Comment

Hi,

I encountered exacltly the same problem. Seems that this STS version for 64bit Windows is not very mature up to now.

Please let me (and the forum) know if you found any fix or workaround.

cheers,
        mauri

Comment

Grails support

Mauri,

look at this thread:

http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=89690

cheers,
          frühlingsquelle

Comment

Working...
          X