X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsp editor missing in freshly installed STS 2.3.2

I am developing grails application with STS 2.3.1 and in my installation the dedicated .gsp editor was missing.

So I downloaded and installed STS 2.3.2, but if I right-click on .gsp file, and choose open with, there is no Gps editor listed in the menu (just default, text, system editors). If I choose Other..., I get long list of editors, but none of them is Gsp editor.

There are no errors in eclipse .log file.

I do have Grails support installed in STS (the only other plugin installed in STS is Subversive).

If I choose Web Page Editor (WTP) I got NPE error.

Any help would be great, I hate to edit .gsp files without any validation.

i have met the same error,my msn:[email protected],hope to communication

Comment

Hi,
      I am facing the same problem please help us..thanks

Comment

Resolved by not using Windows installer

I have resolved this issue by:

1. Installing STS 2.3.2 from tar.gz on Ubuntu - GSP editor was there
        2. Installing STS 2.3.2 from zip on Windows7 64bit - GSP editor was there

But STS Grails support is quite poor and buggy (looks like SpringSource is not paying to much attention to it), I had numerous problems with it. I am big Eclipse fan (and user) and IMHO Eclipse is the best devel platform for Java. It is a shame that SpringSource cannot match the quality and functionality for Grails (?lack of commitment?).

I have used NetBeans 6.9 and Intellij pro trial for last month (together with STS), and at least for me NetBeans is the best overall IDE for Grails development (but not for Java), it is rather slow in some areas, you will get a lot of Please wait..., but it works and it is stable. Intellij Grails implementation has the best features (navigation is awesome), but Intellij (and Grails support) is quite buggy (at least for me).

So after all that pain I am sticking with NetBeans for Grails and Eclipse for Java, task management, some editing etc.

Comment

Working...
        X