Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is "guide to getting started with Spring 3.0 in STS"?

Suppose I'm a fairly inexperienced Java developer - took some classes in college, wrote a few simple applications, but haven't really worked in an enterprise setting. I've heard about the Spring framework and wanted to give dependency injection a try to see how it works. And I've heard that STS has great integration with Spring, so I've downloaded and fired up the latest official release (2.3.1).

Now I'm looking at STS and I'm looking at the Spring 3.0 docs on http://www.springsource.org/documentation and I'm wondering: sounds great, what do I do?

I don't know much about Maven or Ivy. I don't want to hear about endless abstract ways in which Spring dependencies can be managed. I don't even know what all the buttons and menus in STS (Eclipse) do. I can probably figure out how to create a Spring project and some java classes, but what are the actual steps for setting up my project in STS with the dependencies and configuration so that I can instantiate an ApplicationContext and start setting up beans?

And how would this guileless newbie find said information?
Working...
X