X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markers no not scroll

STS 2.3.2.RELEASE. On a Mac, 32-bit carbon. Error markers do not scroll when you scroll the editor. It does not seem to matter which editor, java and jsp both show the same. In addition, if you enable line numbers, they do not scroll with the editor either. Even in a text editor.

This is a brand new install with a brand new workspace. Any ideas?

Hi,

whoa, I never experienced this myself on my Mac. What version of Mac OS X and Java are you on?

Regards, Christian

Comment

Mac OS X 10.6.3
      Java: 1.6.0 From Apple. JRE Home: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
      java full version "1.6.0_17-b04-248"

Comment

Argh! This is way too annoying. I even downloaded a fresh eclipse install (PDE version) and then installed STS from the update site. Before the STS update the markers and line numbers worked correctly, afterwards, anything in the markers gutter (on the left side of the editor) and the line numbers stopped working.

They simply do not scroll with the editor contents, error markers do not go away when the error is fixed. And sometimes the errors do not even show up in the marker gutter. I am going to have to go back to developing without STS. I have not tried it on windows. If I wanted to develop on windows I would not own a mac.

Comment

I've experienced the exact same problem a couple of times. I haven't yet paid enough attention to whether or not there are specific circumstances that this happens, but I first noticed it while in the debug perspective.

Comment

It is not only the debug perspective for me. Debug and Spring perspectives both show the same. However, when I do switch between perspectives, it cleans up the editor, redraws the markers and line numbers, and displays correctly until the next scroll in the editor.

Still, it is unusable. I am using just eclipse right now. Which is a real pain because there are so many nice features in STS.

Comment

Don,

I know you wrote that you are using the carbon version but just to confirm: you are not using cocoa? I only ever saw this on the cocoa version that's why I ask again.

Regards, Christian

Comment

Definitely carbon:
                Code:
                dlaidlaw-mac:~/springsource dlaidlaw$ ls
                roo-1.0.2.RELEASE	sts-2.3.2.RELEASE	tc-server-6.0.20.C
                dlaidlaw-mac:~/springsource dlaidlaw$ cd sts-*
                dlaidlaw-mac:~/springsource/sts-2.3.2.RELEASE dlaidlaw$ cd plugins
                dlaidlaw-mac:~/springsource/sts-2.3.2.RELEASE/plugins dlaidlaw$ find . -name \*carbon\* -print
                ./org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.carbon.macosx_1.0.200.v20090520-1835
                ./org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.carbon.macosx_1.0.200.v20090520-1835/launcher.carbon.macosx.properties
                ./org.eclipse.swt.carbon.macosx_3.5.2.v3557f.jar
                ./org.eclipse.ui.carbon_4.0.0.I20090525-2000.jar
                dlaidlaw-mac:~/springsource/sts-2.3.2.RELEASE/plugins dlaidlaw$
                I have also had problems with cocoa not related to anything from springsource. So I am staying away from that until after 3.6 is released.

Comment

Just for fun I downloaded the 64-bit cocoa version of STS for the mac. It does not have the problems with scrolling in any editor so far. There may be other problems that pop up, but for now this is working pretty well.

Comment

Working...
                  X