Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Maven in STS 2.3.0

Greetings:

I am running STS 2.3.0. Unfortunately something has changed somewhere and now I am having problems.

First is that the Maven .pom editor is no longer showing up when I opened a .pom file. I can not even find it in the editor list to "Open With...". This is not a show stopper as I can just edit the .pom file directly.

When I add a dependency in the .pom file, maven notices it and downloads the new library (and it's transitive dependents, if necessary) to my local repository. So Maven is installed and working to some degree.

Problem is that the library does not show up in the build path for my application, so there are lots of exceptions due to classes not being found or being unresolvable.

This happens whether I
    - create a project from scratch using a Maven archetype
    - create a project and then add Maven dependencies management to it
    - import an already working project (like the SpringFlex Testdrive)
    - use Roo to generate a new project for me
    - directly download a springByEample project with SVN

Unfortunately I do not know a heck of a lot about Maven nor did I think I needed to. At any rate could someone help me by aiming me in a direction to investigate?

Oh and just as a potential preempt - I have updated Maven Dependencies for the project.

Ted
    Last edited by tmoens; Apr 18th, 2010, 05:25 PM. Reason: adding pertinent info...

Desperate measures?

I am at a loss as to why I can no longer build with Maven in STS 3.2.0

Is it rational to go back to an earlier version of the STS?

It seems that using my local maven outside of the STS is working - is there any known issue with the upgrade to 3.2.0?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

Comment

SOlution

I re-installed 2.3.2 and things are back to normal. If someone could surmise how this could have happened, I would be grateful.

Comment

Working...
      X