Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web flow support broken in STS 2.3.2 ?

Hi.

Something seems to has happened to web flow support after upgrading STS to 2.3.2.

The first thing I notice ia that the graphical flow editor is gone, and then thereīs no webflow configuration is avaialble in project properties, which means I canīt point out my flow definition files.

Iīm running sts 2.3.2, swf 2.0.8 and eclipse 3.5.2 with wtp

Hi,

I'm guessing that I'm having the same problem you're having...

I've been trying to follow the tutorial at https://src.springsource.org/svn/spr...FirstFlow.html

coming unstuck at point 1 ("Right-click on the directory and access New -> Spring Web Flow Definition"). Have you found a solution yet?

Thanks,
    Gareth

Comment

Can someone confirm their webflow support works in 2.3.2!

No, no solution.

Since there's no other postings about people having problems with weblow support in 2.3.2 I guess itīs some problem in my local installation.

But before I try solving my problem, can someone confirm that their webflow support works in 2.3.2?

Comment

Hi,

the graphical editor is still available but the default has changed to a textual editor. To open a flow file in the old editor please right click on a flow XML file, select File > Open With > Other... and then select Web Flow Editor from the list.

I have verified that this works with STS 2.3.2.

Steffen

Comment

Thx.

This is about all that is working. The file is recognized as an Spring Web Flow XML File, and opens in the Spring Web Flow XML Editor.

But besides plain xsd-completion the editor is not functional.
          - No validations or autocomplete on transitions etc

And thereīs no sign of webflow support elsewhere in eclipse.

- No webflow-configuration available in project properties (only spring / Beans support)
          - No webflow-configuration available in window properties (only other spring configurations)
          - No webflow support i Project explorer

Can you verify that some of these features work in your installation.

/J

Comment

I can confirm that I am seeing the Spring > Web Flow Support page in the project properties, a Web Flow preference page and a Web Flow node in the Spring Explorer.

Can you check if the org.springframework.ide.eclipse.webflow.feature is listed under Help > About > Installation Details > Features? If not you can re-install the Spring IDE Web Flow Extension feature from the STS update site at http://www.springsource.com/update/e3.5 which provides the web flow integration.

Steffen

Comment

Hi,

for me, the solution was to do a clean install of STS.

Thanks,
              Gareth

Comment

Strange...

Yes it is installed (Version: 2.3.2.201003220227-RELEASE)

Well, I will try a clean install later...

Cheers
                /Jens

Comment

A clean install seems to work.

It seems to be a problem when updating sts plugins from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2.

I have 2 separate installations that stopped working after performing an update.

/J

Comment

Working...
                  X