X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maven dependencies error

I created a new Spring Template project - Spring Faces Project. Unfortunately it was created it with errors. In particular:

The container 'Maven Dependencies' references non existing library 'C:\Users\<userName>\.m2\repository\javax\faces\co m.springsource.javax.faces\1.2.0.09\com.springsour ce.javax.faces-1.2.0.09.jar'

I must admit I know nothing at all about Maven. I tried downloading both the com.springsources.javax.faces jar and the jsf jars, and put them on the build path, but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

<Edit> Ok, I found the jar, and put it in the appropriate place. Now an equivalent error has come up - it is looking for a JBoss jar. I assume I don't have to go around and find each and every dependent jar?
    Last edited by Steppenwulf; Apr 7th, 2010, 05:43 PM.

Hi,

please make sure that you are connected to the internet without a proxy and run the "Maven -> Update Dependencies" command from the project context menu. This should download and all required JARs to your classpath.

HTH

Christian

Comment

Maven Settings.xml file missing

Thanks - I'm not sure why that doesn't seem to be working, although I have most of the required jars in the repository.

I am also running into a problem that the settings.xml file is missing. I took a look at the Maven site, but I couldn't find a way to generate one. I copied my pom.xml to the location, but it is getting some warnings.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
      Hi,

please make sure that you are connected to the internet without a proxy and run the "Maven -> Update Dependencies" command from the project context menu. This should download and all required JARs to your classpath.

HTH

Christian

Comment

I've got a similar Problem, but it seems hard to reproduce:

Currently every morning I start STS and run tomcat (2.0.26), tomcat became an ClassNotFoundException, he cant find DispatcherServlet.

After (feeled) thousands of times of Removing/Adding the project to tomcat, cleaning tomcat and praying to the gods of cobol I figured out, that I have to do an "Maven" -> "Update Dependencies". Every time! Why?

Comment

Working...
        X