Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Ambiguous type Java problem when using Neo4j graph database plugin Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambiguous type Java problem when using Neo4j graph database plugin

Hi,

I'm trying to follow an example on how to use Neo4j with Grails using the neo4j-grails plugin. I'm using STS 2.3.1 with the Grails extension.

The example is simple and it seems that there are some people that have been able to run it without problems but I could be wrong (I'm a n00b).

The "Java problem" that I get is "The type Node is ambiguous" and is generated in a plugin class. I can still use run-app and the application will run. I can create domain object using the scaffold views as indicated in the example. But the Neo4j controller does not show anything at all which is not correct.

I would like to ask the more experienced users for pointers on what to do next.

Thanks,
    /ricardo

[1]

Ricardo,
    I am not sure about your problem, but another option might be to post this query on the Neo4j user list, https://lists.neo4j.org/mailman/listinfo/user as Stefan Armbruster, the Author of the Grails plugin, might be monitoring that one ...

/peter

Comment

Thanks Peter. I did contact Stefan through his blog and he will look into this. You can see my question in the blog Example for using Neo4j with Grails.

I decided to ask for help here too because I have a feeling that it may be an IDE issue but I simply cannot figure it out.

Next time I'll try the Neo4j mailing list. Thanks for the help Peter.

/ricardo

Comment

Hi Ricardo,

I think we're facing two different problems here. The reason for "The type Node is ambiguous" seems that STS does not correctly handle "*" imports. Neo4jPluginSupport uses a "*" import:
        Code:
        import org.neo4j.graphdb.*
        That's perfectly working in groovy, but STS shows an error for this. A workaround might be not to use "*" imports. When using
        Code:
        import org.neo4j.graphdb.Node
        the entry in the 'Problem' view goes away.

But this has nothing to do with the non-functional controllers you mentioned. Since this is not related to Spring STS in any way, I'll answer this in my blog.

Regards,
        Stefan

Comment

Thanks a lot Stefan. Your help is appreciated.

/ricardo

Comment

Working...
          X