Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Upon Roo Removal in STS: Unexpected exception parsing XML error in webmvc-config.xml Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upon Roo Removal in STS: Unexpected exception parsing XML error in webmvc-config.xml

Can't found the JIRA for STS, please allow me to post here thsi issue..

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) downloaded and successfully extracted the springsource-tool-suite-2.3.0.RELEASE-e3.5.1-win32.zip

2) successfully executed the sts.exe and use the Roo based on the 1.5. First Steps: Your Own Web App in Under 10 Minutes

3) confirmed the Selenium Test in my http://localhost:8080/tenminutes..

from here trying to remove the Roo based on the Chapter 6. Removing Roo

4) successfully executed the following:
    4.1) 6.3.1. Step 1: Push-In Refactor
    4.2) 6.3.2. Step 2: Annotation Source Code Removal (twice because some Roo Annotations left)

BUT... when I remove the Roo dependency from pom.xml (6.3.3. Step 3: Annotation JAR Removal)...

Unexpected exception parsing XML document from file [C:/workspace-sts-2.3.0.RELEASE/ten-minutes/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring/webmvc-config.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefini tionException: No bean named 'org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.SimpleUrl HandlerMapping#ten-minutes#src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring/webmvc-config.xml#20' is defined

please refer to the attached screenshot of my STS..

look at webmvc-config.xml, has no any errors indicated instead 3 warnings on the right side near by horizontal scroll bar..

pom.xml screenshot, svn diff of Roo jar removal...

*in markers area, please focus only on the red box and ignore the other errors (its unrelated errors)
    Last edited by eros; Feb 21st, 2010, 12:44 PM.

maybe its webmvc schema problem...??

ahmm really don't understand why that error appears...

Please guide me on... thanks a lot

Comment

ahmm it seems need to add handlermapping upon Roo removal?? but its not written in the Roo's docs... so thinkin' missed somewhere...

Comment

eros,

you are hitting a bug in Spring Framework which only occurs when running Spring inside STS to parse the XML. This error message has no runtime impact and you can safely ignore it.

This has been fixed in Spring 3.0.1 which will be included in STS 2.3.1. Again, this is not a problem of your project or app but rather an issue with the namespace support inside STS. Your app runs fine even though you see this error in STS.

STS-810: issue with the <mvc:view-controller /> tag
        https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-810

HTH

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
          This has been fixed in Spring 3.0.1 which will be included in STS 2.3.1.
          but cannot find the STS2.3.1 even in the STS download site..
          how can I update my STS? except building STS from the svn source..

Comment

Working...
          X