X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have to use Maven with STS?

I'm assuming the question is no... just wanted to confirm.

I'm new to STS and even somewhat new to using Spring, but under Spring 2.5 under Eclipse I'd had a pretty smooth experience but so far under STS with Spring 3 I've been a little confused by trying to do some examples that all seem to use Maven and I'm getting errors all over that I can't quite understand.

I'm new to Maven I know I just need to go do some reading and I'd understand better the errors, but more significantly my group at work is just adopting Spring and we're used to using ANT for builds if Maven has to be used instead of ANT it's an unforeseen part of the learning curve we weren't expecting...

dcruse,

you're certainly not required to use Maven when using STS or Spring for that matter. Most of the sample or template projects use Maven for build and also for dependency management which makes it easy to ship samples without bundling all the dependencies.

What kind of errors are you getting from the Maven sample projects? Do those occur in STS or also when building from the command line.

Regards, Christian

Comment

Working...
    X