Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommened facelets (xhtml) editor with SWF?

Currently I use the "JBoss Tools HTML Editor" that comes with the "JBoss Tools RichFaces" plugin, installed on top of STS 2.3.0.RELEASE.

I was wondering if this makes sense when developing a Spring Web Flow / Spring Faces application or if there are other alternatives that provide more powerful editing capabilites.

I noticed for example that I currently get no content-assist when editing expressions like #{booking.hotel.country} in the JBoss Tools HTML editor.

Also, there seems to be no refactoring support for those expressions.

I tried the editor in oracles enterprise pack plugin which also lacks code completion support for jsf/faselets/webflow.

I also tries netbeans which seems to have excellent support for jsf 2.0 but less support when integrating with webflow.

I also think that the flow editor in sts could be improved. For example code completion/source lookup/validation in el expressions.

It feels like the ide's today either has suppor for jsf or webflow but less capabilites when using them together.

Comment

SPAM removal?

The use "xuezi" has just posted obvious spam / advertising in this thread (previous message).

How can I report this?

Comment

odoepner.cgi,

STS does currently not extend the JSF editor that comes with other plugins (like WTP or JBoss). STS also does not contain functionality to help implementing EL expressions.

I think both of your requests make sense. Please raise a JIRA for them if you like to see this support in STS.

Regards, Christian

Comment

Working...
        X