X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS problems on Mac OS-X Leopard

I didn't have much luck getting the STS plug-in working completely with Eclipse 3.5 as I described in the post here. So I thought I'd give the standalone STS a try. The good news is the packaged install was easier as expected. The bad news is I still have the same problem with the Bundle Classpath Container not working as desired.

Anybody having any luck with the STS bundle classpath container working? This seems like maybe a dependency is missing or in conflict resulting in the stax impl not being picked up? From what I can tell most STS features work except for this classpath container.

Similar exception as before...

javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider com.bea.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactoryBase not found
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(Factory Finder.java:72)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder. java:178)
    at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder. java:92)
    at javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory.newInstance(XMLO utputFactory.java:101)
    at com.springsource.repository.codec.XMLRepositoryCod ec.write(XMLRepositoryCodec.java:73)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.persistence.X mlArtifactDescriptorPersister.persistArtifactDescr iptors(XmlArtifactDescriptorPersister.java:81)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardArtif actDescriptorDepository.persist(StandardArtifactDe scriptorDepository.java:172)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.external.Exte rnalStorageRepository.<init>(ExternalStorageReposi tory.java:89)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createExternalRepository(StandardRepo sitoryFactory.java:151)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createRepository(StandardRepositoryFa ctory.java:109)
    at com.springsource.repository.internal.StandardRepos itoryFactory.createRepository(StandardRepositoryFa ctory.java:77)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10.createBundleRepository(Dependenc yLocator10.java:733)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10.access$2(DependencyLocator10.jav a:716)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10$SystemPackageFilteringCompositeB undleRepository.<init>(DependencyLocator10.java:50 5)
    at com.springsource.kernel.osgi.provisioning.tools.De pendencyLocator10.<init>(DependencyLocator10.java: 155)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.runtime.core.ServerUti ls.createDependencyLocator(ServerUtils.java:170)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.runtime.core.ServerUti ls.createDependencyLocator(ServerUtils.java:140)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainer.createDependencyLoc ator(ServerClasspathContainer.java:550)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainer.refreshClasspathEnt ries(ServerClasspathContainer.java:267)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.util .ClasspathUtils.updateClasspathContainer(Classpath Utils.java:173)
    at com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.internal.core.clas spath.ServerClasspathContainerUpdateJob.runInWorks pace(ServerClasspathContainerUpdateJob.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorksp aceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.j ava:55)

Config:
    eclipse.buildId=2.3.0.200912171331-RELEASE
    java.version=1.5.0_20
    java.vendor=Apple Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product com.springsource.sts.ide
    Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws carbon -arch x86 -product com.springsource.sts.ide

JHall,

can you try to run STS with a Java 6 installation. I haven't seen this issue on a Mac before. Please note that the dm Server Tools are being developed on the Mac platform, so I'm really surprised to see this error.

Christian

Comment

I had started the process of trying that even though the STS doc I saw suggested not to use Eclipse 3.5 Cocoa 64 bit. I ran into some bundle dependency problems while going through the same steps listed on the STS blog. I haven't had time to go back and debug/retry that installation. I'll report back what I find.

Also, the error I am getting list the com.springsource.server.ide.jdt.core as the plug-in experiencing the issue. I'm new to OSGi but was wondering if maybe the bundle manifest for that plug-in was missing an import which in turn was preventing the plug-in from having access to the actual XML*Factory impl classes at runtime. Or maybe it is simply a missing dependency.

Thanks,
      John

Comment

Working...
      X