X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customize GSP Editor?

Is it possible to modify the color scheme for the GSP editor? I've been spoiled by Aptana and its ability to highly customize their individual editors (e.g. HTML, JS, JSDocs, CSS, PHP, etc.) and would really like to be able to complete the theming of all the typical source files I work with.

JGarrido,

you can customize the color scheme of the Groovy Editor in the preferences at Groovy -> Editor.

Let me know if that helps.

Christian

Comment

Thanks for the reply Christian, but I really did mean the GSP editor, NOT the Groovy editor.

Here's a screenshot of the theming option available within Aptana 3.0 (note you can add your own definitions):
      http://danielsmedegaardbuus.dk/wp-co...colors-fix.png

But I'd settle for the canned options available from Aptana 2.0 by file type/editor:
      http://thecodeisalive.net/images/apt...or_options.jpg

Does anyone know if this is currently in the works?

Comment

The GSP editor borrows syntax highlighting and background colors from the JSP editor (which in turn borrows from structured editors).

So, the background color can be changed at:

Preferences -> General -> Editors -> Text Editors

Other colors can be changed at:

Preferences -> Web -> JSP Files -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring

Let me know if this is what you need. I don't know much about Aptana, but it may be that it offers some syntax coloring that we do not. I would be interested in hearing if there is anything missing.

Comment

Thanks Andrew, I'll check into those options. They're not nearly as robust as I'd like, although I imagine these types of enhancements rank fairly low on the priority totem pole.

That being said, I think the ability to import/export and switch profiles would probably be the first request(s) on my list, and a great start on improving usability of this editor in particular.

Comment

An update to this...there is an eclipse color theme plugin. I haven't tried this for GSPs, but it advertises that it works on XML, HTML, and JSP editors and so it should work for GSP editors.

http://marketplace.eclipse.org/conte...se-color-theme

If you try this out, please let me know how it works for you.

Comment

I've found this post and it's helped a lot, but I'm still having some trouble. If I have something like:
              Code:
              <g:if test="${flag}">
                  <label>foobar</label>
              </g:if>
              the word foobar is appearing in white on a white background. I've been searching for where to change this, but I haven't found it. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Comment

Hi rschlachter,

Have you made any changes to the default settings on any of your editors?

Comment

Actually, I had from using the Eclipse Theme importing. I was able to solve this problem by setting the HTML editor Syntax Coloring and the Javascript Editor Syntax coloring back to default.

Comment

Working...
                  X