Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• context clossing

Hi

I am deleloping a web application with sts.
    it close the context for each update.

Is it nor mal ?

Define update here? Do you mean update in data in from your webapp, your do you mean update in code/jsp and that your application is redeploying? If it is the latter, is is perfectly normal.

Comment

update jsp and javascript

Hi

What I mean with update is JavaScript and jsp update.
      I am working in the gui.

I am sure that tomcat is able to redeploy jsp and JavaScript files but with sts I have the spring web application context restated.

Some time the context is also restarted when I change the method body of my classes. It is really exasperating.

Regards
      Thank for the quick reply.

Comment

The plugin is detecting changes, changes trigger a reload of the application, which before that triggers a destruction of the app context. Nothing to do with the fact that you are using STS it is the default behavior for the server plugins part of the WTP.

Comment

hot deploy

Hi

What about hot deploy. Using eclipse with its normal web application layout I had this working with servlet. I didn't have to redeploy my application for each change.

I count understand if tomcat has to reload the context for a configuration file like web.xml or spring applicationcontext.xml files but not for jsp or javascript file.

I am suspecting the maven plugin.

Regards

Comment

The plugin is detecting changes, changes trigger a reload of the application

Hi

I have just check http://www.playframework.org/.
            They say that their framework has hot deploy ?
            Have you got an idea kow is that possible.
            This should be the first requirement of a productive framework.

Regards

Comment

Working...
            X