Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Class not found warnings in mvc-config.xml of Spring project created from dashboard Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class not found warnings in mvc-config.xml of Spring project created from dashboard

Just downloaded SpringSource Tool Suite 2.3 and trying to get started. So created a project via the link to create a Spring Project on the dashboard. The project deployed OK to Tomcat 6.0 and ran OK but the two context configuration files, mvc-config.xml and webflow-config.xml, are highlighted as having errors in the package explorer. The root cause is that the ID cannot find the framework classes referenced in these files. The MVC jar file (2.5.6) and Webflow (2.0.7RELEASE) is listed under Maven dependencies.

I don't want to move forward until these class references are resolved. Can anyone suggest how I do that?

Hi Gareth,

can you post the two error messages please?

That will give me a chance to comment on the severity of those warnings and what to do to get rid of them.

Christian

Comment

Error messages from 'markers' view

Hi Christian,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

You can see the error markers in the attached screen shot. The actuals errors are simple class not found errors. I copied the following from the 'Markers' view:

Description Resource Path Location Type
      Class 'org.springframework.webflow.config.FlowExecutorFa ctoryBean' not found webflow-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 12 Spring Beans Problem
      Class 'org.springframework.webflow.config.FlowRegistryFa ctoryBean' not found webflow-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 15 Spring Beans Problem
      Class 'org.springframework.webflow.engine.builder.suppor t.FlowBuilderServices' not found webflow-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 21 Spring Beans Problem
      Class 'org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.An notationMethodHandlerAdapter' not found mvc-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 26 Spring Beans Problem
      Class 'org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.De faultAnnotationHandlerMapping' not found mvc-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 13 Spring Beans Problem
      Class 'org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.support.Contr ollerClassNameHandlerMapping' not found mvc-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 19 Spring Beans Problem
      Class 'org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalReso urceViewResolver' not found mvc-config.xml /WebFlowProject/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/spring line 31 Spring Beans Problem

Regards

Gareth

Comment

Hi Gareth

can you just run a clean project build from the project menu? That should get rid of those error markers.

Let me know if that doesn't fix this issue.

Christian

Comment

Result of clean build

Morning Christian,

You were quite right, a clean build did get rid of them. I'd tried Build and Build Project before, but not Clean. I knew the solution would be something simple! (I normally use JDeveloper so still have a lot to learn about the way Eclipse/STS works).

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Gareth

PS I have another problem with a project created via the "Spring Template Project" wizard, so I'm about to post another thread. I'd appreciate it if look could look out for that one too. I'm sure it will be just as easy to solve.

Comment

Working...
          X