• Show
Clear All

• sts problem with quotations

see attachments

also ,A unit test had name HotelStay
    when I created an Integration test with same name, HotelStay,
    the ide complained!

Hi,

The images are a little small. In the first one it doesn't look like the string is closed - isn't that the problem? When did you expect the second quote to appear?

In the second image it is putting out too many quotes, this is something we are aware of and is being handled through a couple of greclipse issues (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-611 for the duplicate quote problem).

> also ,A unit test had name HotelStay
    > when I created an Integration test with same name, HotelStay,

You cannot have two types with the same name in the same package, what package names are you using for the two HotelStay types? If they have different package names and you still get the problem, that may be a bug. let me know. It isn't sufficient for them just to be in different source folders and they'd can't both be in the default package.

regards,
    Andy
    ---
    Andy Clement
    Groovy Eclipse

Comment

the string isn't closed is the point

when I did a -"shift+quotation"- only "One" quotation mark typed

I added the closing quote in the second screen shot, which happily
      produced two quotes, as would be expected

unit/integration tests are two distinct unrelated animals
      One is completely unaware of the other

Comment

> the string isn't closed is the point

After playing with it, I understood what you meant. When you type one you expect two to appear as with Java, I believe this is also a known issue.

> unit/integration tests are two distinct unrelated animals
        > One is completely unaware of the other

If they are in the same project, they must be distinct in terms of fully qualified name (even if in different source folders). Is it a problem for you to set it up like this?

cheers,
        Andy

Comment

[QUOTE=Andy Clement;277357]> the string isn't closed is the point

After playing with it, I understood what you meant. When you type one you expect two to appear as with Java, I believe this is also a known issue.

> unit/integration tests are two distinct unrelated animals
          > One is completely unaware of the other

If they are in the same project, they must be distinct in terms of fully qualified name (even if in different source folders). Is it a problem for you to set it up like this?

These test should run independently of everything except what they are testing!
          or why bother?

I have an Idea.

All utf-8 etc (alphabet) be given 3 or more flags each(Special UTF-8 Buffer etc)
          when a space is typed the space flag on the apostrophe would be set in the buffer as well for other keys... curly braces, brackets, etc
          Then if after the space, an apostrophe were needed , the flag would say
          type two of these critters to screen. Get my idea?

Comment

> These test should run independently of everything except what they
            > are testing! or why bother?

Naturally. But if in source folder 'one' I have a.b.c.Foo and in source folder 'two' I have a.b.c.Foo, what do I get in the output folder once they are compiled? Because they clash, if it was not policed then you may get either depending on what was compiled most recently. When a reference is encountered to a.b.c.Foo somewhere else in the project - which one should it use? These are the problems that the compiler is trying to avoid happening by producing the error when there is a clash.

> I have an Idea.
            >
            > All utf-8 etc (alphabet) be given 3 or more flags each(Special UTF-8 Buffer
            > etc) when a space is typed the space flag on the apostrophe would be set
            > in the buffer as well for other keys... curly braces, brackets, etc
            > Then if after the space, an apostrophe were needed , the flag would say
            > type two of these critters to screen. Get my idea?

We should just do the same as Java does, then the only case that isn't handled properly is the """ multi line string case (because it doesn't come up in Java). If you want to track progress you can watch these bugs:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-493

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-611

cheers,
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Clement View Post
              > These test should run independently of everything except what they
              > are testing! or why bother?

Naturally. But if in source folder 'one' I have a.b.c.Foo and in source folder 'two' I have a.b.c.Foo, what do I get in the output folder once they are compiled? Because they clash, if it was not policed then you may get either depending on what was compiled most recently. When a reference is encountered to a.b.c.Foo somewhere else in the project - which one should it use? These are the problems that the compiler is trying to avoid happening by producing the error when there is a clash.

> I have an Idea.
              >
              > All utf-8 etc (alphabet) be given 3 or more flags each(Special UTF-8 Buffer
              > etc) when a space is typed the space flag on the apostrophe would be set
              > in the buffer as well for other keys... curly braces, brackets, etc
              > Then if after the space, an apostrophe were needed , the flag would say
              > type two of these critters to screen. Get my idea?

We should just do the same as Java does, then the only case that isn't handled properly is the """ multi line string case (because it doesn't come up in Java). If you want to track progress you can watch these bugs:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-493

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRECLIPSE-611

cheers,
              Andy
              Hitting the "shift+quote" key twice, would set the 3rd flag and give 3 quote pairs for grails

Comment

Working...
              X