Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grails classpath container problem

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with grails classpath integration in sts.

When I create a new project or import an existing one, the "Grails Dependencies" library container is allways empty. No matter how many times I refresh my dependencies.

I've found that the project-dependencies.xml stored in ".metadata\.plugins\com.springsource.sts.grails.co re" contains all jar dependeny entries pointing to my ".ivy2" directory and a entry pointing to my ".grails" project plugins directory.

I also have 2 different installations, the standard sts release and an eclipse 3.5.1 with all groovy, spring ide and sts plugins installed, and the same problem happens in both of them.

I can't imagine what it's wrong!
    Could someone please give a hand?

Hey,

can you attach the -dependencies.xml to this post? Also some more details about your Grails, STS and OS version would be useful.

Cheers, Christian

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using Grails 1.2.0 and STS 2.3.0 on a WinXP.

I've attached an example of -dependencies.xml for a new project called "test"

Thank you Christian

Comment

kalan,

can you take a look into your Error Log (Windows -> Show View -> Other... -> Error Log). Is there anything that could be relevant?

Also please attach your test's projects .classpath and .project file, please.

Christian

Comment

mmm.. before looking at error log I've been suspecting about the accent mark in my username in this computer (Héctor), and probably here it is.
          I should have started looking at this log...

Code:
          com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.invalidByte(UTF8Reader.java:684)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.UTF8Reader.read(UTF8Reader.java:405)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.load(XMLEntityScanner.java:1742)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityScanner.scanData(XMLEntityScanner.java:1242)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanCDATASection(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1646)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2977)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:807)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:225)
          at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:283)
          at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:208)
          at com.springsource.sts.grails.core.internal.classpath.GrailsClasspathContainer.refreshClasspathEntries(GrailsClasspathContainer.java:150)
          at com.springsource.sts.grails.core.internal.classpath.GrailsClasspathContainer.getClasspathEntries(GrailsClasspathContainer.java:103)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.resolveClasspath(JavaProject.java:2590)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.resolveClasspath(JavaProject.java:2685)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaProject.getResolvedClasspath(JavaProject.java:1872)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.initializeAfterLoad(JavaCore.java:3443)
          at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.InitializeAfterLoadJob$RealJob.run(InitializeAfterLoadJob.java:35)
          at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
          what do you think?

Comment

Yeah, that pretty much seems to be the problem.

I'll look into fixing this issue. Let me see.

Christian

Comment

ok, thank you!!

Comment

As a workaround, you can just add the following to the top of your test-dependencies.xml:

Code:
                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
                Restart your STS and you should see content in your classpath container.

Christian

Comment

Yes, definitely that was the problem.

I've added a new artifact in my BuildConfig DSL just to try the dependency management and works perfectly.

I will include the xml encoding for the moment

Thank you very much!

Comment

kalan,

I committed a fix for this issue. Could you verify that this fix works in your environment, please? Encoding issues are hard to re-test and verify on all the different platforms and OSs.

You can update to tomorrow's nightly snapshot from the following update site:

http://www.springsource.com/snapshot/e3.5

Thanks for your help.

Christian
                    Last edited by Christian Dupuis; Jan 12th, 2010, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Fixed

Hi Christian,

I updated the plugin to snapshot version 2.3.1.201001110806-CI-R4407-B84
                      As I expected, the problem is fixed and everything seems to work correctly

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Working...
                      X