X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grails project jar files locked by GGTS

I have a grails 2.1.2 project which I am devloping in GGTS 3.5.1. Nearly everything works fine, I can compile, war, run/debug etc. without any issues.
    The only big problem that I face is the following:
    I have a couple of jars in the Grails project lib folder. GGTS is able to pick them up and resolve any dependencies in my project files. But once they are discovered by GGTS, they somehow get locked, means that I can't delete them, can't update them any more until I close GGTS, which is pretty anoying. Is this a bug or a known limitiation? Is there any way to resolve this?
    Thanks for your help

Are you on windows by any chance? There is a known groovy-eclipse jar locking issue. You can switch to a less performant but none locking class loader using this property:

-Dgreclipse.nonlocking=true

I think it goes in your GGTS.ini file, in the vmargs section. Do the locks clear if you temporarily close the project?

cheers,
    Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

yes I am on windows. Temporarily closing the project was not sufficient. I had to close the project, restart GGTS, then with the project still closed I could update my dependencies.
      Anyway, with help of the property you proposed the issue seems to be gone. I can't tell anything abt. the performance yet though
      Thanks for your help
      Thommy

Comment

Working...
      X