X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Tool Suite Very Slow

I'm running Spring Tool Suite on a Mac. Can I do anything about the performance? Ide seems to stop responding or runs very slow after its been up for awhile. This occurs frequently and it's really beginning to bother me. It is effecting entire system and unless I quite Program the entire system just lags.

Hey!

I apologize for your poor experience using the tooling and I would like to figure out in more detail what is going wrong here (to address this in a future release). Here are some of the questions/ideas where to look:

- which version of STS do you use?
    - do you have installed additional plugins?
    - how is the memory usage of STS? You can enable the heap monitor in the general preferences to see if STS is constantly working at the memory limit.
    - what JDK do you use to run STS?
    - what happens in the progress view while STS is being slow? Do you have any idea what STS is doing at that time? Or what action triggers the slowlyness?

In addition to that we could also try to do some profiling on your machine to figure out the issues in more detail. Do you have a profiling tool at hand? If not, we could use JVisualVM (part of the JDK) to run a profiling snapshot.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    -Martin

Comment

Working...
    X