Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Extreme logging since update to 3.5.1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Extreme logging since update to 3.5.1

    After Update to STS 3.5.1 I have extremly long log output.
    The settings from the log4j.xml are no more considered.
    Are there any changes to adjust the logging properties.

    Here a log output snippet:
    Code:
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Initializing new StandardServletEnvironment
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Adding [servletConfigInitParams] PropertySource with lowest search precedence
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Adding [servletContextInitParams] PropertySource with lowest search precedence
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Adding [jndiProperties] PropertySource with lowest search precedence
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Adding [systemProperties] PropertySource with lowest search precedence
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Adding [systemEnvironment] PropertySource with lowest search precedence
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.w.c.s.StandardServletEnvironment - Initialized StandardServletEnvironment with PropertySources [servletConfigInitParams,servletContextInitParams,jndiProperties,systemProperties,systemEnvironment]
    21:57:00.876 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy - Initializing filter 'springSecurityFilterChain'
    21:57:00.879 [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] DEBUG o.s.b.f.s.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'org.springframework.security.filterChainProxy'
    And here a snippet from the log4j.xml

    Code:
        <appender name="console" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
            <param name="Target" value="System.out" />
            <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
                <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%-5p: %c - %m%n" />
            </layout>
        </appender>
    
        <logger name="org.apache.myfaces">
            <level value="info" />
        </logger>
        <logger name="org.springframework.mail">
            <level value="info" />
        </logger>
        <logger name="org.springframework.beans">
            <level value="info" />
        </logger>
        <logger name="org.springframework.beans.factory.support">
            <level value="info" />
        </logger>
    All entries are set to info but the output is always on debug.

    To start Tomcat took before update ca 20 seconds after update ca 40 seconds

    Is there anything what I don't know.

  • #2
    Hey!

    That is strange. What version of STS did you use before? Since we don't do anything to the Tomcat integration itself, I could imagine that a change in the Eclipse Webtools components is causing this, but I wouldn't know why it should change this behavior. Can you create and attach a sample project that reproduces this and that we could try on different STS versions? That would be great!

    Thanks a lot for your help!
    -Martin

    Comment


    • #3
      Sorry Martin that you must wait so long on my Answer.
      I have currently much to do :-(
      Today I tried to find the solution.
      I found this in the Tomcat
      Code:
      SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
      SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/mnt/SuSE/srv/tomcat7/webapps/theWebApp/WEB-INF/lib/logback-classic-1.1.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
      SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/mnt/SuSE/srv/tomcat7/webapps/theWebApp/WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.1.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
      SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
      SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [ch.qos.logback.classic.util.ContextSelectorStaticB inder
      My Project Setup is done by maven, and I nowhere bind to the logback-classic-1.1.1
      The part of my pom.xml that handles the logging :
      Code:
               <dependency>
                  <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
                  <artifactId>slf4j-api</artifactId>
                  <version>${org.slf4j-version}</version>
              </dependency>
              <dependency>
                  <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
                  <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
                  <version>${org.slf4j-version}</version>
                  <scope>runtime</scope>
              </dependency>
      Before update to 3.5.1 and after, I never changed something on my pom's.
      Why is this Situation after the upgrade and made no problem's with the previous version. ( I think it was 3.4.0)
      Sorry that I currently can not send you a sample Project. Perhaps later when I can spend some time therefore

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey!

        I am not sure, maybe something in the server adaptor in Eclipse for Tomcat changed that is causing this massively changed output, In that case we would need to consult the webtools team members to find a solution. A sample project would be great so reproduce this and to try out possible solutions.

        Thanks!
        -Martin

        Comment

        Working...
        X