X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS Grails support

1. I just upgraded to 2.3.0. I am noticing something "different". Certain method names are underlined. At first I thought that you are underlining the dynamically generated methods, but that is not consistent. Everything seems to work fine though. Let me know what is up with this?

2. The code completion is working fine except I do not know how to attach Grails documentation so that I can view it along with code completion. Please me know how to do this.

Thanks.

Bharat

Originally posted by bruparel View Post
    1. I just upgraded to 2.3.0. I am noticing something "different". Certain method names are underlined. At first I thought that you are underlining the dynamically generated methods, but that is not consistent. Everything seems to work fine though. Let me know what is up with this?
    The groovy editor will underline names that are statically undefined. We have added support for recognizing many special grails references, but the general case is impossible to solve (since groovy is a dynamic language and grails takes advantage of this to the extreme).

However, we do realize that there is significant improvement. If there is a particular problem that is bugging you (no pun intended), please raise an issue for it on jira.

https://jira.springsource.com/

Originally posted by bruparel View Post
    2. The code completion is working fine except I do not know how to attach Grails documentation so that I can view it along with code completion. Please me know how to do this.
    You need to supply a source location for the grails jars. I am not sure if this will work for content assist, but you will be able to see JavaDoc when doing source hovers.

For all of your grails-*-1.2.jar files, the source code should be available in your grails install location grails-1.2/src/java.

Note that the source location for these jars will be configured automatically in future versions of the tooling, but for now you can configure like this:
    1. Navigate to the jar you want to configure source locations for (inside of the Grails dependencies classpath container)
    2. Right click and select properties
    3. In the "Java source attachment" page, select the location of the source code (likely something like ../grails-1.2/src/java).

Comment

Working...
    X