Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS 2.3 grails not injecting GORM?

Attempts to test my domain objects fails with:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: MyDomainObject.save() is applicable for argument types: () values: []

The test runs (and passes using "grails test-app" from the CLI

This was on STS 2.2 updated to 2.3, and on a clean install of the 2.3 package, with groovy and grails extension added. (I've tried this with grails production, and grails latest/beta - same result ... I'm keeping the Grails preference setting at Grails 1.1.2). I'm using Linux Fedora 11 x86_64, tried with both groovy 1.6 and 1.7, and with Sun JDK 1.6.0_17 and OpenJDK.

I have this with imported projects I built from the command line, and with a project created using STS' new grails project wizard.

Any idea what silly thing I've done that could cause this?

Hi,

Are you using mockDomain() call in your test to ensure the existence of the save() method - or is it not that kind of test? What source folder is the test in?

Are you able to let me see the actual body of the test that is failing - it may help me recreate the issue.

cheers
    Andy
    ---
    Andy Clement
    Groovy/Grails

Comment

I wasn't sure if I needed to mockDomain (as I do when testing a Service) to unit-test a standalone domain object from the test/unit tree, so I set up a really simple test ...

import grails.test.*

class DummyTests extends GrailsUnitTestCase {
      protected void setUp() {
      super.setUp()
      }

protected void tearDown() {
      super.tearDown()
      }

void testId() {
      def mpe = new Dummy()
      assertNotNull mpe
      assertNull mpe.id
      assertNotNull mpe.save()
      assertNotNull mpe.id
      }
      }

Then when I add mockDomain, it then passes ... thanks for the head-slpa!

protected void setUp() {
      mockDomain(Dummy)
      }

(The book I was referring to, "Grails Persistence with GORM and GSQL", doesn't show use of mockDomain() so it didn't come to mind...)

Comment

Working...
      X