Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: I just installed the 64 bit version and it worked!

Comment

Hey!

Glad to hear you got it working. But why didn't the 32bit version work for you? Do you have a 32bit JVM installed and active or just a 64bit one?

Cheers,
      -Martin

Comment

Hi, everyone!

I have the same problem with 2.9.2 (64bit) on Mountain Lion. I mean the 'You can’t open the application “STS” because it may be damaged or incomplete.' problem. But STS starts normall using symlink or running executable directly from .app package.

Comment

Hey!

The message "You can’t open the application “STS” because it may be damaged or incomplete." when running Mountain Lion is caused by the new Mountain Lion feature "Gatekeeper" and because the latest STS releases are not yet signed in a way that Mountain Lion recognizes this app as ok. But I think if you ignore the message, you should be able to run STS using the default "click on the app icon" way.

We will try to get this fixed for STS 3.1.0, scheduled for October. See also:
          https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-2801

Cheers,
          -Martin

Comment

STS fails to start when Launch Application is selected

I've had the problem with both 2.9.2 and now 3.0.0 running on Lion. A co-worker said the same thing occurred to him, but only after selecting the Launch checkbox after installing. Sure enough, I left that checkbox unchecked and it all worked fine. Not sure what that automatic launch does, but there's something in there that messes things up.

Comment

Hey!

That is an interesting observation, since the automatic launch at the end of the installer should do nothing else than just starting STS. I think this needs further analysis, I will take a look at this, thanks for the hint with the installer launching STS.

-Martin

Comment

I have the same problem with ggts-3.1.0.RELEASE on osx (snow leopard).

1. Installed the dmg
                2. Checked the launch option (ggts started).
                3. Next time I attempted to start ggts via spotlight, but it failed with the "damaged" message
                4. I was still able to run ggts from terminal ./GGTS

After reading this post I tried reinstalling from the same dmg but this time did not check Launch.
                So far I can start ggts from spotlight correctly.

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for the additional report that the problem seem to exist for GGTS as well. What kind of user do you use? Is it an admin or a non-admin user?

-Martin

Comment

Just installed the sts-3.1.0.RELEASE, then ran maven 1.1 install, got the same issue with "damaged or incomplete" on OSX 10.8.2

Comment

Originally posted by galblank View Post
                      Just installed the sts-3.1.0.RELEASE, then ran maven 1.1 install, got the same issue with "damaged or incomplete" on OSX 10.8.2
                      Funny enough, after copying the installation folder to a different location than the default one, everything works fine.

Comment

Hey!

I am glad to hear that it is working now and thanks for letting us know. However, it would be nice to know why the problems happened before... I will try to take a look to see what happened before. Do you use an admin user on your OSX machine for all this?

-Martin

Comment

Originally posted by galblank View Post
                          Funny enough, after copying the installation folder to a different location than the default one, everything works fine.
                          This worked for me as well using ggts-3.1.0.RELEASE. I'm an admin user on OSX 10.8.2. I was able to copy it back to the originally named directory and it works again.

-Erich

Comment

I had this same problem on Mac OS X 10.7.5 with ggts-3.2.0 based on Eclipse 3.8.2.

The above fix (copying the springsource folder to a different location) worked for me. It also continued launching normally after I moved the folder back to its original location (in my user folder).

Comment

Working...
                            X