X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XML editor throws error

When I open a pom.xml file in STS 2.2.1, it throws an error. Anybody seen or worked around this?

Code:
    eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
    java.fullversion=J2RE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows XP x86-32 jvmwi3260sr5ifx-20090821_41076 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
    J9VM - 20090821_041076_lHdSMr
    JIT  - r9_20090518_2017
    GC   - 20090417_AA
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product com.springsource.sts.ide
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.springsource.sts.ide

Error
    Tue Nov 24 06:42:53 EST 2009
    Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core".

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/ide/eclipse/aop/core/Activator
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.ajdt.ui.xref.AopReferenceModelReferenceProvider.getXReferences(AopReferenceModelReferenceProvider.java:124)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.XReferenceAdapter.getXReferences_aroundBody8(XReferenceAdapter.java:80)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.XReferenceAdapter$AjcClosure9.run(XReferenceAdapter.java:1)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.IXReferenceProvider$SafeExecution.ajc$around$org_eclipse_contribution_xref_core_IXReferenceProvider$SafeExecution$1$b538bdbdproceed(IXReferenceProvider.aj:1)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.IXReferenceProvider$SafeExecution$1.run(IXReferenceProvider.aj:136)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.IXReferenceProvider$SafeExecution.ajc$around$org_eclipse_contribution_xref_core_IXReferenceProvider$SafeExecution$1$b538bdbd(IXReferenceProvider.aj:142)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.core.XReferenceAdapter.getXReferences(XReferenceAdapter.java:80)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.internal.ui.providers.XReferenceContentProvider.createXRefTree(XReferenceContentProvider.java:114)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.internal.ui.providers.XReferenceContentProvider.initialize(XReferenceContentProvider.java:99)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.internal.ui.providers.XReferenceContentProvider.inputChanged(XReferenceContentProvider.java:43)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.ContentViewer.setInput(ContentViewer.java:270)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setInput(StructuredViewer.java:1634)
    	at org.eclipse.contribution.xref.ui.views.XReferenceView.selectionChanged(XReferenceView.java:196)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AbstractSelectionService.firePostSelection(AbstractSelectionService.java:179)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.AbstractSelectionService$2.selectionChanged(AbstractSelectionService.java:71)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(TextViewer.java:2731)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer.firePostSelectionChanged(TextViewer.java:2679)
    	at org.eclipse.jface.text.TextViewer$5.run(TextViewer.java:2658)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runTimer(Display.java:3943)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.messageProc(Display.java:3135)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2410)
    	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3471)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:599)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

Hi,

can you please send over your complete error log?. The stacktrace you pasted is usually an follow-up error on something else during initialization.

Also please try again with a Sun JDK.

Christian

Comment

Hi,

I've got similar problems on my windows box with STS. I tried to integrate STS into an existing eclipse galileo installation but also to install a new full STS distribution (via zip-file and via installer). With every setup, I've experienced the same problems: every time i try to open an XML file an error box pops up (org/springframework/ide/eclipse/core/SpringCoreUtils) and then the pop up appears on nearly every click.

Plattform: Win XP, Sun JDK (1.5.0_14 and 1.5.0_15)

The error log contains a lot of NoClassDefFoundErrors which are mainly caused by a ClassCastException (see attached log file).

To work with grails projects, i had to set the GRAILS_HOME variable explicitely.
      Otherwise I assume it would work, if I wouldn't get these error pop ups upon nearly every click.

I tried the same also on Mac OSX with the cocoa installer distribution and everything worked fine even without having to set the GRAILS_HOME variable explicitely.

Thanks in advance.
      tom

Comment

Tom,

I just yesterday fixed - or better implemented a work-around - for your problem. It is released to trunk and can be installed from the nightly update site.

Please update your copy of STS/Spring IDE from http://dist.springframework.org/snapshot/IDE/nightly

Please let me know if that fixes your issue.

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

I've just performed an update and this looks much better now. Thanks a lot for fixing and pointing me at the update!

Working with the suite including grails projects seems to work without problems.

The only difference to the OSX installation I discovered so far was the short cut for the grails console (CTRL+ALT+G) which does not work. As I saw in the log, there is a key binding conflict, but I can deal with this by myself.

Anyway, thanks for improving grails development that much.

Tom

Code:
          !ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2009-11-25 13:57:47.740
          !MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
          !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2009-11-25 13:57:47.740
          !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+CTRL+G:
          Binding(ALT+CTRL+G,
          	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.search.ui.performTextSearchWorkspace,Find Text in Workspace,
          		Searches the files in the workspace for specific text.,
          		Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),
          		,,true),null),
          	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
          	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
          Binding(ALT+CTRL+G,
          	ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.springsource.ide.grails.ui.command.openPromptFromEditor,Open Grails Command Prompt,
          		Open a quick Grails command prompt,
          		Category(com.springsource.ide.grails.ui.commands,SpringSource Grails Tools,null,true),
          		,,true),null),
          	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
          	org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)

Comment

Tom,

thanks for verifying that the change fixes the issue that you were seeing.

I'm aware of the key binding conflict. I haven't changed the binding yet because I simply can't find any good and non-conflicting combination. Any ideas?

Christian

Comment

Christian,

sorry for the late reply. I see your trouble. The amount of already defined bindings is huge.

One combination, though not especially convenient, is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+G. At least this would keep realtion to 'G' for 'Grails' which definitely makes sense.

Regards,
              tom

Comment

tom,

CTRL-SHIFT-ALT-G is what I went with now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Christian

Comment

Working...
                X