• Show
Clear All

• STS Windows installer - cannot locate jre

Hello,

I've downloaded the following STS windows installer:
    springsource-tool-suite-2.2.1.RELEASE-e3.5.1-win32-installer.exe

When I run the exe I get the following error:

"
    The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted.

The system cannot find the path specified
    "

Now, JAVA_HOME=C:\java\jdk1.6.0_12, and I presumed that this would be fine. It's the same JAVA_HOME used for my Ant builds and Eclipse projects.

Does anybody have any idea what I need to be doing to make this work? I've resorted to using the Eclipse update/install facility, but it's easier to install on multiple machines that don't have internet access if I can get this windows installer to work.

Otherwise I might have to zip up a copy of my Eclipse 3.5 AFTER the STS has been downloaded, and just keep that for future installations or backups of the suite.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Sunny

Sunny,

the windows installer will check the Windows Registry for the known location of your JDK install. If this registry does not exist or points to an non-existing directory you get this error.

To solve this you have multiple options:

1. Re-install the JDK using the Sun installer
    2. Download the ZIP from the download site and use this to install STS

HTH

Christian

Comment

For save time if you sure that JDK installed correct can go to registry and point to correct patch.
      For example on my computer: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE JavaSoft JavaDevelopment 1.6
      string JavaHome has value c:\Sun\SDK\jdk
      The same also for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE JavaSoft JavaDevelopment 1.6.0_20

Comment

Working...
      X