Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Installing STS 2.2.1 on windows: Pathnames to long (exceed 260) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing STS 2.2.1 on windows: Pathnames to long (exceed 260)

I tried to extract the .zip archive, but even when installing to the root (e.g. c:\) the path length exceeds 260 or equals 260:

c:\springsource\sts-2.2.1.RELEASE\plugins\org.eclipse.contribution.xre f.source_2.0.1.e35x-20091001-1600\src\org.eclipse.contribution.xref.ui_2.0.1.e3 5x-20091001-1600\src\org\eclipse\contribution\xref\internal\ui \actions\XReferenceCustomFilterActionInplace.java

When trying deeper install paths (my first attempts), even more erros occur!

Is there anything I can do? What about the installer?

I know, get a decent OS :-)

Thank you in advance,
    Fireball

P.S.: OS is Windows 7, but I think former Microsoft OS have the same problem.

Fireball,

you can safely ignore those errors as they will not affect STS at runtime as the paths that are too long are only part of plugins that ship source code. You would only notice the missing files if you start doing Eclipse plugin development.

The installer will most likely just silently drop those files as I haven't seen this issue using the installer.

Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do to fix this path problem on windows.

Christian

Comment

Ah, I recognised that these are .java files, but I did'nt know if they are necessary during runtime. Now I do. :-)

Thank you,
      Fireball

Comment

Working...
      X