X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ant task

Is it possible to extract the necessary logic from the Spring IDE plugin to create an ant task to validate the applicationContext files?

Dino

Re: Ant task

Originally posted by hucmuc
    Is it possible to extract the necessary logic from the Spring IDE plugin to create an ant task to validate the applicationContext files?
    Sure, it's possible.

Spring IDE's beans model and the corresponding parser is (mostly) independent from Eclipse. It's only dependent on Eclipse's IFile /IResource interfaces.

The beans config validator (which checks the aforementioned model) has more dependencies to Eclipse (mainly the Java type checking stuff provided by Eclipse's Java tooling). This has to be reimplemented with the stuff from "java.beans.*".

So only a few validations are usable at-is outside of Eclipse (bean references checks).

Are you volunteering?

Cheers,
    Torsten

Comment

Maybe.

Which packages should I be looking at?
      What is the main entry point for the validation?

Dino

Comment

Which packages should I be looking at?
        Take a look into the plugin "org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core".
        Here the whole validator is defined in the class "org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.intern al.model.BeansConfigValidator".

What is the main entry point for the validation?
        The main entry point is "BeansConfigValidator.validate()".

Good luck :-)

Cheers,
        Torsten

Comment

Has any work been done in this space?

The biggest Spring complaint I hear from developers is the lack of build time validation of the application context. The Spring IDE is a huge help but we cannot plug this into the automated build. Aside from that many of our developers use IntelliJ.

Thanks.

Karl

Comment

Working...
          X