X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zyro,

I can confirm that STS does not work well with Grails snapshots > 1.2.0.M4. I've committed a patch to trunk that fixes this issue. You can try tomorrow's nightly snapshot of STS.

Thanks for raising this issue.

Christian

Comment

fixed

hi christian,

good job. updated to sts snapshot and plugged in a fresh copy of grails-1.2.0-build-snapshot ... the plugins get linked into my projects.

once more congratulations for the damn quick reaction - AND - solution.

danke & grüße nach düsseldorf.

zyro

Comment

Workaround for "Updating source folders on project 'P/myproject' / Element not found

Originally posted by lhotari View Post
        I got dependencies working after I removed the project from the current workspace and imported it back again. Before doing this I was receiving strange error messages:
        An internal error occurred during: "Updating source folders on project 'P/myproject'".
        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Element not found: /.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders/.link1/projects/myproject/plugins/tomcat-1.2-M3/src/groovy.
        This time this solution didn't work.

I tried removing and re-creating the WORKSPACE_DIR/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders directory and that worked.

Code:
        rm -rf .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders
        mkdir .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders
        The directory contained these files before removing:
        Code:
        .location
        .markers.snap
        .syncinfo.snap
        I think that the .location file was corrupted.

The problem might also be in a corrupted .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders/.project file which contains the link information to the grails working directory (~/.grails/1.2.0.RC1 in my case).

Comment

Originally posted by zyro View Post
          hi christian,

good job. updated to sts snapshot and plugged in a fresh copy of grails-1.2.0-build-snapshot ... the plugins get linked into my projects.

once more congratulations for the damn quick reaction - AND - solution.

danke & grüße nach düsseldorf.

zyro

Incidentally, this seems to be broken again with Grails 1.2.1 and STS 2.3.1 release versions. I can manually link the jars from the plugins directory, but that's no kind of solution, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by muhr42 View Post
            Incidentally, this seems to be broken again with Grails 1.2.1 and STS 2.3.1 release versions. I can manually link the jars from the plugins directory, but that's no kind of solution, is it?
            Agreed. I just tried with a fresh install of STS and tried to pull in a grails project from a previous version and then the same project without any eclipse .project files and in neither case does it find the jars for the plugins installed in the grails app.

I tried switching grails environments and refreshing the dependencies as well.

Comment

Looks like my problem was using one of the pre-installed STS groovy environments instead of the one in which the plugins were installed.

From the command line i was calling a 1.2.0 grails install, STS was offering me 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. Switching STS to my 1.2.0 fixed it.

Perhaps STS should inspect the user's ~/.grails directories for plugins and version information to help users with this?

Comment

grails install-plugin eclipse-scripts

grails eclipse-scripts plugin: Eclipse helper scripts for creating .classpath/.project files and for downloading sourcecode and javadocs and making them available in Eclipse

http://www.grails.org/plugin/eclipse-scripts

Comment

Working...
                X