Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All, the "space path" issue has now been fixed.

Originally posted by ajevans85 View Post
    Attached is a sample project which uses the FilterPane plugin. In my project I create a 'MyService' service and add a import 'import com.zeddware.grails.plugins.filterpane.*' which gives the error 'The import com.zeddware cannot be resolved.
    Please note that after running "grails install-plugin filterpane" it is required to manually run "Refresh Dependencies" from the project's context menu (Grails Tools). This will add the filterpane source folders and JARs to the classpath.

HTH

Christian
    Last edited by Christian Dupuis; Nov 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I don't quite understand this fix, can you elaborate ?

Comment

I just installed STS (2.2.0.200910210131-RELEASE) accepting all the defaults on WinVista. The installation was initially unusable with Grails because it installed to C:\Program Files\springsource\ and the space in the pathname causes a known problem. The installation should at least suggest installing to a location without a space in the path.

I then moved the springsource directory to c:\springsource. Now I get the same NoClassDefFoundError as ajEvans85.

I'll try running the install again to see if it works better if I specify the install location to be one without a space in the path.

Comment

Same here. I reinstalled to c:\tools\springsource and got further than before.

Now I'm working through this error:
          http://forum.springsource.org/showth...d=1#post267883

by the way, I read next release will have a fix for this space problem jwb

Comment

All,

if you update the STS' Grails Support from the nightly snapshot update site you'll should not see the path problems anymore.

Use the following update site and only install the Grails feature: http://www.springsource.com/snapshot/e3.5 (this URL *only* works in Eclipse/STS and not with your browser).

Let me know if that fixes the path issues.

Christian

Comment

I am now able to create a Grails project.

I also changed my workspace so that it doesn't have a space in the pathname. Didn't do that separately, so I don't know if the pathname of the workspace is also an issue.

Now I have to find out why the "Open Grails Command Prompt" has no apparent effect

Comment

Originally posted by jwb View Post
                Now I have to find out why the "Open Grails Command Prompt" has no apparent effect
                Very likely because you are running into the following bug; ah missing feature now:

STS-604: Grails Command prompt doesn't popup when no groovy file is open
                https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-604

Christian

Comment

Thank you!! I wanted to start by creating a domain class, so I didn't have any Groovy files at all.

Comment

I wanted to start by creating a domain class, so I didn't have any Groovy files at all.
                    There should be at least some files in the grails-app/conf directory. Open one of those and then use CMD+G. That should get you started until we find a solution for the Command Prompt.

Christian

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
                      if you update the STS' Grails Support from the nightly snapshot update site you'll should not see the path problems anymore.
                      this did not solve the problem that the necessary plugin directories are not linked into the project (observed only with grails 1.2 projects)

zyro

Comment

zyro,

would it be possible to get a sample project showing the issue in your project?

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

before i package some project could give u the steps to reproduce (time to verify will be ~2minutes)

- using grails 1.2 snapshot. same with m4...
                          - new -> grails project (select a 1.2 grails distro)
                          - install-plugin acegi
                          - create-auth-domains User Role Requestmap
                          (this generates some domains controllers etc.)
                          - prj context -> grails -> refresh dependencies

now i get errors e.g. in loginController because it tries to import classes from the acegi (springsecurity) plugin...
                          --> this is no problem using grails-1.1.1 because here the plugin folders are correctly linked in.

i hope now this is not plugin-specific because in my situation, this is the only plugin where classes are imported from.

[EDIT:] If i open the navigator view, i see _no_ linked plugin folder. no matter which plugin, classimport or not.
                          the only difference is if a plugin class is imported the error get obvious as project error [/EDIT..]

zyro
                          Last edited by zyro; Nov 21st, 2009, 11:05 AM. Reason: additonal information

Comment

zyro,

I just followed your steps and it is working fine for me. Note, I don't have any compilation errors in my LoginController (see attached screenshot).

Can you post the dependencies that STS has calculated? You can find the dependency describtor in <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/com.springsource.sts.grails.core/<projectname>-dependencies.xml.

Please also check that your acegi plugin has all the required dependencies in the $USER_HOME/.grails directory.

Christian

Comment

Hi,

Problem solved. At least for the moment...

i tried again the grails-1.2-m4 dev release and there it worked again.. seems like something changed from m4 to current snapshot of grails 1.2 that prevents the plugin folder being linked in

Christian: With which grails 1.2 rls did you test it?

zyro

Comment

Originally posted by zyro View Post
                                Christian: With which grails 1.2 rls did you test it?
                                hey zyro, I tested with the 1.2.0.M4 version. I will test with a later snapshot build and report back.

Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X