Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible bug in sts "enable spring aspects tooling"

using sts 2.1.0 sr01 eclipse 3.4.2 r342

problem

after creating a maven project and adding spring-aspects in the pom file, i try to "Enable Spring Aspects Tooling" but i get the following error:

"Please add spring-aspects.jar to build path of <project_name> and run this command again"

work around
    1. go into the maven repo and copy out spring-aspects-2.5.6.jar and move it someplace calling it spring-aspects.jar
    2. manually add the jar file in #1 to the build path
    3. "Enable Spring Aspects Tooling"

another problem
    get a project error because the system is confused with both the spring-aspects.jar and the maven spring-aspects-2.5.6.jar in the classpath.

another workaround around
    delete the the spring-aspects.jar from the build path and the error goes away and it "seems" that the functionality of the aspect tooling features still exists (even after i bounce sts)

i think the problems is initially the system is looking for the exact string "spring-aspects.jar" in the classpath.
    Last edited by mpurdy1973; Oct 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: added sts version number

Works like a charm

Thanks for keeping this thread up to date. I was looking for a solution and here it is. Same problem exists in STS2.3.0

Comment

Thanks for letting us know that this is still a problem. It slipped through the cracks earlier.

An easier workaround is this:
      1. Find the Spring Aspects jar in the Referenced Libraries, or in some classpath container in your project
      2. Right click and select AspectJ Tools -> Add to Aspect Path

I'll also work on fixing this task for when you select "Enable Spring Aspects tooling".

Comment

Fix for this will be available in the next nightly build of STS.

Comment

What happened?

As you can gather from my other post: STS 2.5.0RELEASE failure of "enable spring aspects tooling" there seems to still be problems with this vital function in STS 2.5.0Release.

Why does the workaround you suggested not appear to work in 2.5.0?

Comment

Working...
          X