X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading specific versions of Spring IDE

How do I download specific version of Spring IDE feature?
    I have 2.2.4 locally installed and now the update site has 2.2.6.
    However, 2.2.6 has dependency on spring.core 3.0.0; which I don't want.
    2.2.4 used to have dependency on spring core 2.5.6; which is what I like.

Now I am trying to figure out if Spring IDE 2.2.5 changed the dependency for spring.core to 3.0.0 (in other words, if Spring IDE 2.2.4 is the latest version I can live with).

I am unable to find a way to download a particular release version of Spring IDE from the website springide.org. Is there any way to download specific versions?

I really appreciate any insights into my problem!
    regards,
    Anand

What does it matter what version if Spring IDE supports? It doesn't mean you have to use that specific version in your project...

Comment

Anand,

Marten is right: it doesn't really matter what version of Spring you are using as Spring IDE/STS does not force any Spring version on user projects.

In any case you can download older versions from http://www.springsource.com/download...t=Spring%20IDE

Cheers, Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
        Anand,

Marten is right: it doesn't really matter what version of Spring you are using as Spring IDE/STS does not force any Spring version on user projects.

In any case you can download older versions from http://www.springsource.com/download...t=Spring%20IDE

Cheers, Christian
        Thanks to both Marten and you for the insight and I understand what you mean by that. I am just playing safe - you may say.

Appreciate you pointing me to the download location.

regards,
        Anand

Comment

Christian,
          SOS.
          That download page is not working today. It showed all product download links yday, but today ; I don't see anything there.
          Some problem?

Anand

Comment

Originally posted by anand_h View Post
            Christian,
            SOS.
            That download page is not working today. It showed all product download links yday, but today ; I don't see anything there.
            Some problem?

Anand
            I am also getting a blank "Spring Community Downloads" page. I see the menu options on the left but unable to find just the zip file for Spring 3.

Comment

Working...
            X