Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem installing STS_210SR01 MAC Carbon

Hi,
    I'm trying to install springsource-tool-suite-2.1.0.SR01-e3.5-macosx-carbon-installer.dmg to my MAC. When the disk image is opened and I double-click on the installer nothing happen. When I use the JavaApplicationStub I get the below exception.

Is there anybody know the reason? Thanks in advance.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Instruction unknown: load?nstruction
    at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.InstructionF inder.mapName(InstructionFinder.java:138)
    at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.InstructionF inder.compilePattern(InstructionFinder.java:170)

kurtm,

I've never seen this problem before. Could you post the complete stacktrace, please? Also version of Mac OS are you using? What is you default java version (check in java preferences)?

Christian

Comment

My MAC version is 10.5.8
      My Java version: java version "1.5.0_16"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_16-b06-287)
      Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_16-133, mixed mode, sharing)

Complete stack trace when I open the JavaApplicationStub;

Code:
      /Volumes/SpringSource/Installer\ -\ SpringSource\ Tool\ Suite\ 2.1.0.SR01.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub ; exit;
      java.lang.RuntimeException: Instruction unknown: load?nstruction
      	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.InstructionFinder.mapName(InstructionFinder.java:138)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.InstructionFinder.compilePattern(InstructionFinder.java:170)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.InstructionFinder.search(InstructionFinder.java:218)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.bcel.internal.util.InstructionFinder.search(InstructionFinder.java:264)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Mode.peepHoleOptimization(Mode.java:1444)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Mode.compileApplyTemplates(Mode.java:1058)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.compileModes(Stylesheet.java:615)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.Stylesheet.translate(Stylesheet.java:730)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:354)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.XSLTC.compile(XSLTC.java:429)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:797)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:624)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.adaptator.impl.XMLParser.parseLineNrFromInputSource(XMLParser.java:93)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.adaptator.impl.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:127)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.LocaleDatabase.add(LocaleDatabase.java:159)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.LocaleDatabase.<init>(LocaleDatabase.java:143)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.loadLangPack(GUIInstaller.java:386)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.access$000(GUIInstaller.java:52)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller$1.run(GUIInstaller.java:137)
      	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
      	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
      ERROR:  'Instruction unknown: load?nstruction'
      FATAL ERROR:  'Could not compile stylesheet'
      com.izforge.izpack.adaptator.XMLException: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet
      	at com.izforge.izpack.adaptator.impl.XMLParser.parseLineNrFromInputSource(XMLParser.java:111)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.adaptator.impl.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:127)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.LocaleDatabase.add(LocaleDatabase.java:159)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.LocaleDatabase.<init>(LocaleDatabase.java:143)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.loadLangPack(GUIInstaller.java:386)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.access$000(GUIInstaller.java:52)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller$1.run(GUIInstaller.java:137)
      	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
      	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
      Caused by: javax.xml.transform.TransformerConfigurationException: Could not compile stylesheet
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTemplates(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:830)
      	at com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:624)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.adaptator.impl.XMLParser.parseLineNrFromInputSource(XMLParser.java:93)
      	... 13 more
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.loadGUI(GUIInstaller.java:612)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.access$100(GUIInstaller.java:52)
      	at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller$2.run(GUIInstaller.java:177)
      	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
      logout

[Process completed]

Comment

Hi,

I searched for this issue and it seems related to the system locale. See:

* http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANJ-2420

Are you eventually using a non English system language?

If so, can you try to change the language to English for a test or try a later JDK that is installed on your Mac (change to Java 6 in the Java Preferences)?

If you can't get it to work drop me a mail at christian DOT dupuis AT springsource DOT com and I will send you a link to a ZIP download.

Thanks,

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

Yes, my problem is Turkish Locale. Changing it to English makes the installation succeed. Thanks for your attention.

Comment

Working...
          X