Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS and JDK 64 bit

Hi,

is there a STS Version for 64 bit Java available?

Thanks for a reply
    Michael

Michael,

we have downloads for 64 bit on Linux and Mac, but not for Windows. As far as I know there is no real need to have a special 64 bit version for Windows as you can safely run the 32 bit version on 64 bit JVMs.

There is also the following JIRA open:

STS-228: As a user, I would like a Windows x64 version of STS
    https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-228

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian

thanks for your quick reply.

As I run Windows XP x64 for 1 year now and I guess this community is growing it would be great if you think about providing a STS 64 bit version for windows x64, because I noticed a difference in stability and performance regarding e.g. Eclipse Galileo 32 and 64 bit.

Cheers
      Michael

Comment

Same here, it's the reason I'm not using STS. It's based on some vague notion that 64 bit allow me to make use of gt 4Gb RAM

Comment

Hi!

There is a 64bit version of STS available for download, also for 64bit Windows. You just need to take care to run that with a 64bit JDK. What exactly is the problem in your case?

Cheers,
          -Martin

Comment

Ok,

I guess I got thrown of track by the win32_x64 naming convention of the installer

Comment

Hi!

"win32" refers to the windowing system (the UI toolkit part). But glad you found the right installer now.

Cheers,
              -Martin

Comment

Working...
              X