Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initiating a new Spring-WS project in SpringSource Tool Suite

Hi,
    I've just downloaded and installed the SpringSource Tool Suite v 2.0.2.
    I'm interested in developing web services using Spring-WS and have also gone through the tutorial on the steps involved in creating a Contract-First Web Service.

I have a very fundamental question. Please tell me how to proceed with developing such a project in this IDE. My main questions are
    1) What kind of project do we need to select? Is it a Maven Based Project, or a Dynamic Project or do we just have to start with a vanilla java project and add directories and classes like in the HRHoliday example?

I have developed a very simple calculator WS using Maven (not within any IDE) earlier. There, as part of the mvn setup phase, the required directory structures were created for me.

What does one do here? The tutorial does not talk about the implementation steps.

Would really appreciate any help in this regards.

Gaurav

hey

hey,

I am facing the same problem here... anyone can help?

Comment

I would say "Dynamic Web project". Your webservices will be exposed using a container such as Tomcat. You will configure a servlet for dispatching web service uri. I'm new to spring also, so I'm in early development also.

Comment

hi, thank you for your reply. could you provide more details? What we do after the dynamic project is created?

Thanks,

Q

Comment

I realize this is a very old thread but I cannot find the answer to this original question anywhere. Lots of examples of using the suite but not even the Spring web site has a how too on including it in Eclipse.

Comment

Hi,
            it's true that Spring WS does not provide some sample Eclipse projects that you can use to get started.
            However, you can find some when googling around. You just need to be familiar with git (because they're generally hosted on github) and with Maven (because you usually need it to build your project).
            After that, you can download some sample projects such as the one used here: http://www.java-allandsundry.com/201...ice-using.html
            (there is a link to the github project inside the blog entry).

I hope that will help!

Cheers,
            Michael.

Comment

Working...
            X