Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bundlor: generate MANIFEST from maven

Hello,

I use maven as build tool and eclipse as IDE, but I would like to be independent from the used IDE.

Also generating the MANIFEST.MF from eclipse needs to synchronise some settings in the maven.pom and the template.mf (e.g. version and Bundle-Version).

So I tried to generate the MANIFEST.MF file into the folder "src/main/resources" by configuring the bundlor maven plugin:

Code:
    <execution>
      <id>bundlor</id>
      <goals>
        <goal>transform</goal>
      </goals>
      <phase>package</phase>
      <configuration>
        <outputFile>${basedir}/src/main/resources/</outputFile>
    but I never get a generated file. Its is only created into the artifact jar.

Is there an other way to do this?

regards,
    Lars

PS: Oh, this thread should have been posted in the "Spring Development Tools" folder. Can it be moved?
    Last edited by lfischer; Mar 31st, 2009, 07:43 AM.

If you are looking for ways to generate MANIFEST from maven, you can try out maven-bundle-plugin from Apache Felix project.
    Also, maven provides an archetype to create a template "bundle" project using the above plugin; it should help you get started.

Regards

Comment

Moved the thread from Spring Dynamic Module.

Comment

I know about the maven-bundle-plugin.
        But using spring-dm there may be the problem that the configuration files could define some additional dependencies which are not resolved by the maven-bundle-plugin.

That's why I'm evaluating the bundlor.

regards

Comment

Working...
        X