Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring IDE does not know base-path attribute in Webflow

Hi!

We are developing a webapp based on Spring Webflow 2.0.4.RELEASE. The flows are registered with there path by means of the base-path attribute:
    Code:
    <webflow:flow-registry id="flowRegistry" 
             flow-builder-services="facesFlowBuilderServices" 
             base-path="/WEB-INF/flows">
        <webflow:flow-location-pattern value="/**/*-flow.xml" />
    </webflow:flow-registry>
    Unfortunately the Spring IDE reports a bug:

Code:
    cvc-complex-type.3.2.2: Attribute 'base-path' is not allowed to appear in element 'webflow:flow-registry'.
    webflow-config.xml, wws-web/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/config, line 27, XML Problem
    In my webflow definition I references this XSD:

Code:
    ...springframework.org/schema/webflow-config/spring-webflow-config-2.0.xsd
    When you read this with a browser then you will find the base-path attribute. But the same base-path attribute is not found in the XSD definition which comes with the eclipse plugin:

Code:
    Location:	org\springframework\webflow\engine\model\builder\xml\spring-webflow-2.0.xsd in jar file C:\Programme\eclipse_3.4_jee\plugins\org.springframework.webflow_2.0.4.v200809171600.jar
    URI:   		jar:file:C:/Programme/eclipse_3.4_jee/plugins/org.springframework.webflow_2.0.4.v200809171600.jar!/org/springframework/webflow/engine/model/builder/xml/spring-webflow-2.0.xsd
    Key Type:	Schema Location
    Key:		wwwspringframework.org/schema/webflow/spring-webflow-2.0.xsd
    My configuration is:
    • Spring IDE (Core + Webflow Extension): 2.2.0.v200809261800
    • Spring Webflow: 2.0.4.RELEASE
    • Eclipse 3.4.1

How can I get rid of these error messages?

Cheers,
    Olaf

P.S.
    I had to chop some URLs because no URLs are allowed in the first post.

Fix for base-path missing

The jar file containing the XSD isn't the same one that is available online hence the error about the base-path missing.

To fix this problem:

1. Close Eclipse
    2. Save the XSD (use the URL from your spring config) to your computer (name it spring-webflow-config-2.0.xsd)
    3. Open the Eclipse Spring IDE Webflow jar located in your EclipseRoot/plugins/org.springframework.webflow_2.0.4.vXXXXX.jar (open with WinRar or Winzip)
    4. Place the newly download XSD file in the jar under the following package/folder path (org/springframework/webflow/config), you should see an existing file with that name already in there.
    5. Open Eclipse and rebuild your project, the error message should now be gone.

You may also want to update the path you have listed (org/springframework/webflow/engine/model/builder/xml/spring-webflow-2.0.xsd) inside the jar as well, though I didn't have to to get it working.

Regards,
    Daniel Hopper
    Last edited by split3; Dec 17th, 2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Daniel!

Thank you very much. After replacing the XSD definition in the plugin jar the error messages disappears.

Regards,
      Olaf

Comment

Working...
      X