Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install Springsource Tool Suite

Hi all,

I downloaded SpringSource Tool Suite from springsource.com/node/407 for windows, but could not find any installation instruction. Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

you just need to extract the downloaded ZIP archive and launch the eclipse.exe contained in the extracted folder.

Let me know if that does not work for you.

Christian

Comment

password required

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
      Hi,

you just need to extract the downloaded ZIP archive and launch the eclipse.exe contained in the extracted folder.

Christian
      - the ZIP archive for windows appears to be password-protected (no password required for MAC OS X installation)...

Comment

chl007,

please don't use Windows' build-in ZIP program as this has problems handling long filenames. Please use another tools such as 7-zip (free) and you will be able to extract STS with no password...

HTH

Christian

Comment

cygwin unzip

Christian, thanks a lot! I used cygwin unzip, worked like charm!

Comment

Hi

I have installed STS. But when I write a Simple Hello WOrld Spring program in teh IDE, it gives errors at compile time. This is because the spring.jar is not in the classpath.
            I started by creating a spring project only. The spring.jar is missing from the STS download as well. Please advise how to setup the project in the IDE.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Any clues please? How can we setup the IDE for just a simple Hello World application that can output a name on the console (using public static void main() )

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
                Hi,

Christian
                I just download the springsource-tool-suite-2.3.0.RELEASE-e3.5.1-win32.zip...
                and there is no eclipse.exe inside the

C:\springsource-tool-suite-2.3.0.RELEASE-e3.5.1-win32\springsource\sts-2.3.0.RELEASE

instead....

STS.exe
                STSc.exe

and hard to find instructions...

please guide me... i am trying to develop spring apps using Eclipse 3.4.2 but first timer for STS....

thanks

Comment

And please allow me to have follow-up question...

i've tried but also hard to find for language pack for chinese and japanese environment...

Comment

I've searched the web for japanese environment of STS but unlucky...?

there's no japanese language pack for STS?

Comment

eros,

I just download the springsource-tool-suite-2.3.0.RELEASE-e3.5.1-win32.zip and there is no eclipse.exe inside the

C:\springsource-tool-suite-2.3.0.RELEASE-e3.5.1-win32\springsource\sts-2.3.0.RELEASE

instead....

STS.exe
                      STSc.exe
                      As you may have figured already there is no eclipse.exe in STS anymore. Please launch the STS.exe instead.

i've tried but also hard to find for language pack for chinese and japanese environment...
                      Sorry, we don't offer any language pack for STS.

HTH

Christian

Comment

thanks sir...

but getting hard right now for webmvc schema error upon Roo removal..
                        please to my other started thread... thanks again...

Comment

I can't get STS to start up on my Windows 7 host with 8Gb of memory. Galileo works just fine (separately).

Comment

russellbateman,

can it be that you installed a 64-bit version of STS and want to run this on a 32-bit JDK or vice versa?

Christian

Comment

Yeah, my Windows host is 64-bit and I downloaded the 64-bit STS, I think.

Yup, that could be it. There was some confusion when I linked a JDK to STS. I'll look into that. In the meantime, what's best practice? 64-bit STS with 64-bit JDK or just say no to 64-bit and run 32-bit all around? We're still in the days of not everything is 64-bit.

Thanks for the quick response.

Come to think of it, I can't find a 64-bit JDK, only a 64-bit JRE. Where do I look?
                              Last edited by russellbateman; Feb 23rd, 2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X