Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoSuchMethodError using Spring IDE 2.0.5 on Ganymede M7

Hi,

I've just installed the Spring IDE 2.0.5 on a "fresh" Ganymede M7 "JEE"-release using the Spring IDE updatesite.

When I use <context:component-scan ... />-element in my application context file, an error occures:

Code:
    !ENTRY org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core 4 0 2008-05-26 21:41:37.953
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 0
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from file [D:/eval/workspace/nh.application/src/nh/application/application-context.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(Lorg/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor;Z)V
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:420)
    	[...]
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(Lorg/objectweb/asm/ClassVisitor;Z)V
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core.model.java.JavaSourceExtractor.extractSource(JavaSourceExtractor.java:53)
    	at org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core.internal.model.DelegatingSourceExtractor.extractSource(DelegatingSourceExtractor.java:43)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.extractSource(ReaderContext.java:132)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.registerComponents(ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.java:143)
    	at org.springframework.context.annotation.ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.parse(ComponentScanBeanDefinitionParser.java:85)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:69)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1253)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1243)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:398)
    	... 33 more
    It seems, Spring IDE is not compatible with the newest version of the org.objectweb.asm plug-in, that is shipped with Eclipse 3.4 M7. I've modified the MANIFEST of the org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.core and org.springframework.ide.eclipse.core bundles to make them using the older version and the error disappears:

Require-Bundle: ...org.objectweb.asm;bundle-version="[2.2.3,3.0.0)" ...

Is this a known problem?

Regards,
    Nils

Nils,

that is strange as it works on my end. I've raised a JIRA issue and will fix that for the Spring IDE release that comes with Ganymede in July.

IDE-872: NoSuchMethodError on Ganymede M7
    http://jira.springframework.org/browse/IDE-872

Thanks for reporting.

Christian

Comment

Thanks a lot !

Comment

Working...
      X