Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepping into interceptor while debugging

Hello,

is there an easy way to step into an interceptor while debugging with eclipse?

Manually setting a breakpoint in each interceptor is very time and brain consuming.

Thanks,

Gedas

I found that setting a breakpoint is much faster than stepping through all the infrastructure classes till reaching the actual interceptor.
    A simpler way, which "skips" the infrastructure classes and jumps directly into the interceptor is not known to me.

Perhaps that might be a good extension to Spring IDE. An option "Jump to next target" which stops the debugger at the entry of the next method in the interceptor chain. Not sure whether this can be done that easily, though.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Hi,

one solution would be to install "Step Filter" by using Window -> Preferences -> Java -> Debug -> Step Filter and then filter org.springframework.aop.* or other classes that you are not interested in.

Another interesting feature for tooling would be to automatically add breakpoints from the AOP cross cutting model. With that Spring IDE could help to add breakpoints for any Interceptor and aspect backing bean of your application.

Is that something that we should consider?

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Christian Dupuis View Post
        Another interesting feature for tooling would be to automatically add breakpoints from the AOP cross cutting model. With that Spring IDE could help to add breakpoints for any Interceptor and aspect backing bean of your application.

Is that something that we should consider?
        Hi Christian,

that sounds like a nice feature, indeed. It would combine the pointcut visualization and validation with the possibility to debug into the aspect logic in one place. I would like it

Regards,
        Andreas

Comment

Working...
        X