X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import from classpath folder fails

I upgraded to springIDE 2.0.3 and I am using import resource with classpath URL to load beans xmls.

import only works if the resources folder containing the imported resource is used as a source folder in the eclipse project. If I add the resources folder as a class folder in the classpath of the project, the IDE does not find it, though the application runs fine.

I also needed to import a beans xml from another project which is declared as a dependency of this current project, but the import gives an error.
    Tried both:
    - Adding the external class folder.
    - Adding the resources folder as the source folder in the other project (I did not try but from couple of forum threads it looks like that the beans xml inside a classpath jar does not work and this is similar situation)

Only way I could make it work is by adding this external resources folder as a linked folder in the current project and then adding this linked folder as the source folder.

Wanted to confirm if there is some cleaner way to make it work. I tried config set, that dint work either, perhaps because my beans xml are inside 'spring" sub-folder inside the resources folder and import statement reads:
    <import resource="classpath:spring/my-beans.xml"/>

Thanks for reporting this. Can you please raise a bug report in JIRA. We can follow on there.

Christian

Comment

Yeah! I need this as well. My project continues to grow significantly and would like to use the imported beans within the spring explorer view.

Thanks for the great work!

Comment

What JIRA entry was made?

I'd like to track this as well.

I'd like Spring IDE to follow imports into my maven dependencies, for example:

<!-- Configure the JSR-311 JAX-RS implementation. -->
        <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml" />
        <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jaxrs-binding.xml" />
        <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

Will that be possible?

--Michael

Comment

Following up with workarounds

hi
          Following up for the benefit of all. (Sorry, forgot to do it earlier)

I had opened the issue:
          http://jira.springframework.org/browse/IDE-838

I have not tested with the latest releases but I see the issue is still open in jira.

There are workarounds. The two cases that it does not work are:

CASE 1)
          Including an XML which is in the same project:
          - Adding the parent folder to classpath does not work

WORKAROUND for Case 1:
          =================
          Add the parent folder as a source folder of the eclipse project.

Case 2)
          Including an XML which is in a dependency project:
          - Defining the project dependency when the dependency project exports the containing folder as classpath entry, does not work.
          - Defining the project dependency after adding the folder as the source folder of the dependency project does not work.
          - Adding the folder as an classpath folder does not work.
          WORKAROUND for Case 2
          ================
          In the dependent project, use eclipse's feature to create a folder as a link to original parent folder (in the dependency project).
          Now add this linked folder as a source folder of the dependent project.

Comment

Working...
          X