X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imports using 2.0.3 nightly

I just (a few minutes a ago) updated to the nightly build. When I select the checkbox to support imports, I get an error at every import indicating that it cannot be found. When I remove the checkox the error goes away and everyting runs correct.

Should this feature be working in the current build?

-barry

BTW, the were no errors plugin errors generated (at least not in the eclipse Errors view).

Comment

Hi again,

Should this feature be working in the current build?
      It is not quite ready for prime time yet. But anyways I really appreciate some feedback on this feature as it is not easy to implement nor to test.

Would it be possible for you to provide a more precise error description (have you checked the Eclipse Error Log) or even a small project showing that problem. I'm especially interested in getting the configuration with the import and the class path of the project and if the imported file is part of any jar file.

Thanks for your help and time.

Christian

Comment

I've tried to build a simple project that creates the error and cannot. Even though the project I'm working with is actually quite simple (just one project, and half a dozen context files across two source directories).

With the simple test project, the import does not generate an error. With my project -- even with only two empty context files included in the spring nature -- I get the error.

I even went so far as to remove the nature, shutdown eclipse, delete all the nature related setting files, restart eclipse with -clean, add the nature and add only my two simple files. Yet I immediately get an error indicating that the imported file cannot be found.

There are no errors in the plugin errors views. Wow, wait. I just add the rest of my files back into the nature and I got some errors (see attached). Also note that I am running 3.4-M4 (did I forget to mention this little minor detail before ;-)

I'll keep trying to see what is the trigger. Also note that the attached errors occured only after I added more than two files to the nature. Before, when I had only the two files, I did get the error marker in the context file indicating that the import failed, but no plugin errors.

-barry

PS. I updated to the latest nightly about half hour before making this post.
        PSS. This project is personal, so I can send you any files you might need.
        Last edited by memelet; Jan 23rd, 2008, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Barry,

can you please give the very latest nightly another try. I fixed some problems that you run into earlier on. So that might just do the trick.

Thanks, Christian

Comment

Tried to update just now, and it appears that I already have the very latest nightly. Should it have changed since the time of my last post?

Comment

The Bamboo decided to not build for some reason. There should be a new nightly build on the update site now.

Please try this build.

Christian

Comment

Ok, but I'm off to the Chicago Strictly Sail boat show. Won't be back till Tuesday. I've give it a whirl then.

thanks!!

Comment

No more errors when using import!!!

Now, add support for referring ("including") one config-set into another config-set and the complexity of managing the spring-ide will be greatly reduced.

Even supporting some type of configuration convention would be nice. For example, if project A depends on project B, and both project A and B each define a config-set named "Prod", B.Prod will be automatically be included into A.Prod.

If convention is too radical, an explicit include/import of the B.Prod into A.Prod is just A-OK.

-barry

Comment

No more errors when using import!!!
                    That is good to hear!

Now, add support for referring ("including") one config-set into another config-set and the complexity of managing the spring-ide will be greatly reduced.
                    I think that this will be coming with 2.0.4 or whatever the next release after 2.0.3 will be named. There is IDE-723 already. Maybe you want to vote on that.

Christian

Comment

Working...
                    X