X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringIDE seems to be installed, but doesn't work

I've followed all the steps for installing the SpringIDE including all its dependencies. When I go to Help > About Eclipse Platform... I see the SpringIDE icon (so I guess it's installed).

However, I don't see any mention of the SpringIDE anywhere else in eclipse (not in the preferences dialog or anywhere else). Is there anything I need to do in order to activate it?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by danigoldman; Dec 9th, 2008, 03:48 PM.

Spring IDE requires at least a Java 5 runtime. So please check if you run your Eclipse with Java 5.

Christian

Comment

I have Java 6 running.

I decided to delete my plugins and features folders, and start from scratch all over again. I'm hoping my issues will go away.
      Last edited by danigoldman; Dec 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I seem to have the same problem. After upgrading from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2, Spring IDE no longer works. In the project properties window there is a "Spring" page with empty (!) tabs "Project Validators" and "Project Builders". The sub-page "Beans Support" is gone. Adding and removing Spring nature still works, but the icon ("S") doesn't change.

My configuration:
        Win XP SP2
        Java 1.6.0_02
        Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers 3.3 Fall 2

Spring IDE 2.0.1 seems to work fine, even after downgrading.

Cheers,
        Peter

Comment

Guys,

if you plan on using Java 6 please install the org.springframework.osgi.backport.util.concurrent plugin that comes with the Spring IDE OSGi Extension (optional) feature.

Thanks,

Christian

Comment

The Spring IDE OSGi Extension (optional) feature is already installed, but it still doesn't work.

Comment

Can you please delete all features and plugins that start with org.springframework.* from the features and plugins folder and reinstall 2.0.2.

That should finally help. Let me know if this helps.

Christian

Comment

Removing all files and folders whose name starts with org.springframework and then reinstalling Spring IDE 2.0.2 solved the problem.

Thanks
                Peter

Comment

I had the same issue. I now uninstalled all Spring-IDE plugins and freshly installed version 2.0.2.
                  I can confirm that it works now. Thanks for the instructions.

Andreas

Comment

Working...
                  X