X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• springide.org website dead/broken?

It appears to me that the wiki at springide.org has been dead for most of the day. I can't reach the documentation at all. The home page is OK, but the wiki and other parts like bamboo and fisheye do not load completely. (And my network connection is working great.)

Anybody else notice problems? I don't see any contact information on the web site.
    Last edited by lsloan; Aug 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM.

502 Proxy Errors

I've found why most of the springide.org web site is slow. Requests for two CSS files used by the web site take about three and a half minutes before timing out with an HTTP 502 "proxy error".

Here are the details of the results using wget:

% wget http://springide.org/bamboo/styles/bamboo-status.css
    --23:09:24-- http://springide.org/bamboo/styles/bamboo-status.css
    => `bamboo-status.css'
    Resolving springide.org... 213.239.199.172
    Connecting to springide.org|213.239.199.172|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 502 Proxy Error
    23:12:53 ERROR 502: Proxy Error.

This causes my web browser to wait about seven minutes for most pages I request from springide.org. The home page is fine, but anything within the "wiki" directory is broken. For example, the documentation pages are broken.

I have tried sending email about this to [email protected], but messages to that address bounce back with errors. The web site lacks contact information of any kind.

Does anybody know how to contact springide.org administrators about this?

Comment

Fixed

Our Bamboo server is currently not available. So I removed the references to the Bamboo CSS files from the header.

Thanx for spotting this.

Comment

contact info

You're welcome. I'm happy I could help.

I'd like to suggest that webmaster contact information should be added to the web site. Add a contact link to the list of site navigation links or the footer of every page. Also make the address [email protected] direct mail to one or more system administrators for the site. I know that webmaster addresses are often the target of spam, but a good spam filter should help with that.

Comment

Working...
        X