X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have Spring to work in eclipse IDE

Hi, this may be a repeated question but im really confused. I dun understand this ---> Is Spring IDE one single IDE or it is a plugin to be installed on Eclipse ? is there any Spring plugins for Eclipse 3.3 (europa Java EE ), would you please tell me the installation of hese plugins from the very beginning guys? I mean step by step...1. 2. 3. ...I do appreciate you if you would help me to get Eclipse to work with Spring .

Hi,

Spring IDE is a set of plug-ins for Eclipse and no complete Eclipse distro (yet?). And yes, we do support 3.3.

Read here how to install it.

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the link. Still is there any alternative way to set up a spring project instead of using Spring IDE. Can you please explain me how can I set up a spring project without Spring IDE. I mean to say that what are all the plugins or jar files I need to include into Eclipse?

I am new to Spring world. Can you please do the needful.

Thanks
      Uday.

Comment

Uday,

Just download Spring Framework first. then create a new project ( Java Project ( plain, add jre 6 or 5 may be to it ( add 4 if your a caveman j / k we use 4 professionally too ), then from springFramework zip extract all jars from lib folder and add it your Project. create a simple test class and add a main to it.

then just write boiler plate code in it ( like xmlBeanFactory = new FilesystemResourceXMLBeanFactory( resource ) etc ) ...

add beans.xml and configure the beans

voila ! first project done.

do let me know if you have any issues ..

Regards,
        Vyas, Anirudh

Comment

Working...
        X