X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keybinding conflict after installation

I installed the most recent version: Spring IDE (required) 2.0.0.v200706271108

Although this (mostly) seems to work, I now get the following exception on startup and recurringly throughout use of Eclipse:

Code:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2007-08-10 21:33:50.484
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
       at org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditorPart$StatusLineLabelProvider.getText(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:322)
       at org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditorPart.updateStatusLine(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:853)
       at org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui.internal.tabletree.XMLMultiPageEditorPart$5.selectionChanged(XMLMultiPageEditorPart.java:429)
       at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$3.run(StructuredViewer.java:842)
       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
       at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)
    Studying the log further, there is this related exception:

Code:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2007-08-11 11:23:43.261
    !MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
    !SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2007-08-11 11:23:43.261
    !MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+SHIFT+G:
    Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,
       ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.jdt.ui.edit.text.java.search.references.in.workspace,References in Workspace,
          Search for references to the selected element in the workspace,
          Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),
          ,,true),null),
       org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
       org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,
       ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.genuitec.org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.ui.editor.commands.searchBeanReferences,Spring Beans References Search,
          Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.views,Views,Commands for opening views,true),
          LegacyHandlerWrapper(ActionHandler(action=org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorPluginAction@23ed31)),
          ,,true),null),
       org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.structuredTextEditorScope,,,system)
    Binding(CTRL+SHIFT+G,
       ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.springframework.ide.eclipse.beans.ui.editor.commands.searchBeanReferences,Spring Beans References Search,
          Category(org.eclipse.search.ui.category.search,Search,Search command category,true),
          ,,true),null),
       org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui.structuredTextEditorScope,,,system)
    It seems there is a conflict in keybinding:

Ctrl+Shift+G => References in Workspace
    Ctrl+Shift+G => Spring Beans References Search

Any advice on how to sort that out?

I use MyEclipse, Build id: 20070629-6.0.0-M1

(To be entirely honest, I stupidly installed a number of other features all at once, at the same time as I installed SpringIDE. I think I've narrowed down the problem to SpringIDE---and not to the other installs---but there's some floating doubt that I could have missed something elsewhere...)

Ok,

this stated problems are not due to Spring IDE in the first place.

1. See here for NPE problem
    2. The key binding conflict is due to the fact that you have installed Spring IDE 2.0 on top of MyEclipse without de-installing MyEclipse or at least disabling previous Spring IDE versions bundled with MyEclipse. See here on how to enable Spring IDE 2.0 with MyEclipse.

Christian

Comment

Thank you, Christian! Exactly the info I was looking for! Brilliant!

Pierre

Comment

Working...
      X